monthly changing between price plans

Site URL: http://not-existing.now

Hi all

I like the simplicity of the squarespace shops and I am thinking about switching a webshop to squarespace. the business is also simple and only seasonal (selling chocolate easter bunnies). maybe 3000 to 4000usd revenue and very small margin because it's just a funny hobby and more a test webshop for me.

It's written "Change or cancel your plan at any time."(https://www.squarespace.com/pricing) I my case I would use the plan 'personal' approx. 10mt. and I would use the plan 'commerce' before eastern.

1.Question: Can I really change on a daily basis the plan? Is it simple and convinient?

2.Question: What happens to the features I configured in the plan 'commerce' when i change to 'personal'? are they lost? if I switch back, are they just back as I configured them before?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Best regards and happy eastern. ;)

Stefan

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can downgrade or upgrade at any time. When you downgrade, you’ll be refunded the prorated difference between the two plans. The refund is based on the remaining time in your billing cycle. When you upgrade your plan, you’ll be charged the prorated difference between the two plans based on the remaining time in your billing cycle. In both cases, your billing cycle and renewal date won't change.

If you’re on a Commerce plan and change to the Personal plan, Premium features are removed from your site. You can switch back to the Commerce plan at any time to regain full access to these features.

There's a support guide about this and Squarespace Customer Care will be very happy to talk you through the details. You can reach out to them here.

If a post helps you, please click a "Like" option below  ↘️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Hi Paul

Hi others

Thanks for your quick reply. It is always a bit embarrassing when someone just pulls out a link like you, I searched in the forums but did not find any article about this topic. Now the next user will do so...

One question is still open, which i'll ask to the customer care (if no body else answers) and post the answer here. If I switch back to a higher plan do I get only the feature back or do I get the features with my personal configuration back?

Cheers 

10 hours ago, mockae said:

One question is still open, which i'll ask to the customer care (if no body else answers) and post the answer here. If I switch back to a higher plan do I get only the feature back or do I get the features with my personal configuration back?

If I understand your question. All features from lower level plans are included in higher level plans. Please see Squarespace Pricing.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Hi @creedon

thxs, but no sorry. a feature is not only a feature. I have to configure a feature with parameters that it works for my personal requirements. for example the feature "Complete Customization with CSS and JavaScript". I have to do my personal configuration that it fits for me. Is this configuration lost or just hided for me? An other example are the "Customer Accounts" are the lost or just not available in the lowel level plan...

Regards

31 minutes ago, mockae said:

Is this configuration lost or just hided for me?

"Premium features" are disabled on lower plans, but the settings are not lost, just unavailable. For example, any code added through Code Injection is ignored on the personal plan, not deleted. When you upgrade, the same code will be there and work once again.

Custom CSS is not a premium feature; it is available on all plans and isn't affected.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

4 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

Custom CSS is not a premium feature; it is available on all plans and isn't affected.

Hi @paul2009

perfect thx. that's what I wanted to know.

...but with the CSS feature; I or the actual price table has another opinion:

image.thumb.png.da1aba8871062c95d4df9faa8752fb0e.png

Cheers

P.S.: Can I set the state of this thread to resolved somewhere? i can not find the button... would be helpful for others...

It's true that "Complete Customisation" is not possible on the Personal plan because JavaScript and iframes are not supported on that plan, but CSS is available because it isn't a Premium Feature.

If you take a look at this help guide, you'll see that the CSS Editor is available on all plans.

• 1 month later...

Hi.

I have also faced the same as mention in post

https://forum.squarespace.com/topic/172056-monthly-changing-between-price-plans/?do=findComment&comment=403547

I think you should choose your plan according to your need and circumstances and expertise. If you are beginner then you should go for the basic initial plan and as you grow with the passage of time you can easily update your plan. 

Archived