header help!

hey! so how do i get my “about” link in my header go to the about section on my homepage. i don’t want it to go to an entire new page. i just want the user to click “about” and it scrolls down for them to another section on my homepage.

• Replies 5
  • Views 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you post a question, it will really help us if you include a working link to the page. If your site isn't live yet, we will only be able to view it if you set a site password and tell us what it is.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

hey paul, thanks! heres the link and the password is anthony

https://paddlefish-chrysalis-c8l2.squarespace.com

8 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

When you post a question, it will really help us if you include a working link to the page. If your site isn't live yet, we will only be able to view it if you set a site password and tell us what it is.

You should be able to reach this section by adding a Link to the Main Navigation with the following url:

/home/#page-section-5f32f6f0dc2bfb3865f1330e

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

16 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

You should be able to reach this section by adding a Link to the Main Navigation with the following url:

/home/#page-section-5f32f6f0dc2bfb3865f1330e

thanks so much! i was confused because i thought i had to add a tag to the about section, but couldn't find how to do it.

You can choose to add an ID to the section manually so that the link can be more readable, for example /home/#about instead of the default page section ID.

To do add an ID manually, you'd add a Code Block or Markdown Block to the start of the section and add something like this:

<div id="about"></div>

Archived