Increase height of individual gallery images

Site URL: https://roadrunner-orange-6ge5.squarespace.com/

Site URL: https://roadrunner-orange-6ge5.squarespace.com/
pw: olipp

Hi there,
I posted this question a few days ago and forgot to include my password. My apologies.
Would someone know the question below...?

I am in the process of building a portfolio website to promote my graphic design services using the template Mark Novo.

In the 'work' section i showcase individual design jobs showing several images of the project. Most gallery images are fine to be displayed in landscape orientation, but for some images I would like to use a portrait orientation and increase the height of a few individual images. One example is shown in the attached screenshot, where the laptop is cut off... I would like to increase the height of that image to h2000px if possible.

Is that possible at all with inserting css code?

Thank you so much for your help,

Kind regards,
Regi

heidi_lampard_work_image_cut_off.png

gallery_settings.png

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@mop Posted on the importance of taking care of the aspect ratio of images before you upload them to SS.

So for your chopped laptop image you would need to convert it to a 3:2 aspect ratio. Probably by extending the gray border on the left and right.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your feedback.
Hmmm, my original image is portrait orientation, see screenshot below (It was cropped to 16:9 aspect ratio as per my gallery settings)

I think the problem is that I am mixing landscape orientated images with portrait orientated images in the same gallery. And for my the gallery settings I chose aspect ratio 16:9 which works for all landscape images but not for portrait images...

I was just wondering if there is a way to inject code to change the aspect ratio for the image below in a image gallery? (and leave all other images in a 16:9 aspect ratio...)

I hope I make sense...

Thanks for your help, Thomas 🙂

image.thumb.png.cfa23fd4d525c2e273b08993602b341b.png

Archived