Send out a custom email to customer when they buy a specific product

Site URL: https://seasmartschool.com/awesome-animals

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to send out an email through Mailchimp when someone makes an order of a specific product on our site. Currently, when someone buys the product they get an email which has a 24-hour link and it's causing us a lot of problems (WHY Squarespace? Just WHY?) because they think what they've bought will disappear in 24 hours.

I would like to change the product to a service, since what we're selling is an online class that they can take at any time. However, we still need to send them a link to access the class. This is where my idea to connect Mailchimp to Zapier comes in. From what I've figured out I can't connect Zapier to the commerce for an individual product but I was hoping maybe there's some way to get .csv file to auto-populate anytime someone makes an order for the product so I can connect that to Mailchimp with Zapier?

That or Squarespace gives people the option to remove the 24-hour clause.

• Replies 4
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, SeaSmart said:

Site URL: https://seasmartschool.com/awesome-animals

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to send out an email through Mailchimp when someone makes an order of a specific product on our site. Currently, when someone buys the product they get an email which has a 24-hour link and it's causing us a lot of problems (WHY Squarespace? Just WHY?) because they think what they've bought will disappear in 24 hours.

I would like to change the product to a service, since what we're selling is an online class that they can take at any time. However, we still need to send them a link to access the class. This is where my idea to connect Mailchimp to Zapier comes in. From what I've figured out I can't connect Zapier to the commerce for an individual product but I was hoping maybe there's some way to get .csv file to auto-populate anytime someone makes an order for the product so I can connect that to Mailchimp with Zapier?

That or Squarespace gives people the option to remove the 24-hour clause.

Thank you! I would love if someone found an answer to this 😄 !

You can do this with Squarespace Campaigns instead of Mailchimp. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 months later...
On 10/17/2020 at 1:02 AM, SeaSmart said:

g is an online class that they can take at any time. However, we still need to send them a link to access the class. This is where my idea to connect Mailchimp to Zapier comes in. From what I've figured out I can't connect Zapier to the commerce for an individual product but I was hoping may

+1 on this.
We're selling online courses (hosted on a different platform). I'm adding the question here - I need to send a private individual link to each user after they purchase. How can I do that (based on their product)?
How can we send an individually UNIQUE link to each customer as their private invite link to the course?
I'd like that after they purchase, an email will be sent to them with their private individual link. 

Another workaround is to send them an individual gift card I guess but not ideal. Even in that case, I didn't understand if that's possible (if I can specify the gift cards).

• 2 months later...

I honestly don't think you need Mailchimp for this kind of stuff at all 🙂.

If introducing different software into your Squarespace is not a problem, though, I believe you can solve this quite easily with Integromat. It's a super robust no-code integration platform that helps you automate/integrate pretty much anything you need.

There is actually a premade template of an automation that could be helpful to you. It watches for new orders in Squarespace, checks if the product matches specific criteria and if so, it sends a customized email to the customer.

full disclosure: I work for Integromat. I also love Integromat very much and truly believe it is the ultimate solution to streamlining your processes

Archived