Website not found in Google Search

• Replies 2
  • Views 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello! I did a quick technical scan of your site and while there are some SEO things that could be addressed, there were no glaring issues keeping you from being ranked.

I did a Google search for site:stlouiscandleco.com which tells us that Google has indexed 9 pages of your site, which is a bit low for the 48 pages that you have on the site. 

I agree it is odd to not be found at the top of page 1 with your exact company name. Looks like it is currently ranking #36. If you put the name in quotes, like this "St Louis Candle Co", then that tells Google to search for that exact name and it does show up there.

I suspect it is mostly because the site is new and Google is still understanding your site and how it will fit into their index. So much of Google search is machine learning that until they get enough data on your site, they aren't sure how to rank it.

Do you have a Google Search Console account? If not, I would suggest setting that up and that will tell you how Google views your site from a search perspective.

SEO takes time, unfortunately. I typically tell my clients that it takes 6 months at the earliest and 18 months at the worst case. The best thing you can do is create really valuable content and keep publishing it on your website.

Not sure if I've been helpful here but if you have any other SEO questions, please let me know!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @AllyLehman - saw your post looking for advice about improved search visibility for St. Louis Candle Co. I'd be happy to connect with you and offer some advice if you're interested. We offer one-time SEO audits that are helpful in identifying a list of priority issues to address on your website. Depending on how comfortable you feel making website edits, we can either help you make the edits or simply provide advice about what to tackle first. Let me know if you're interested - there's a contact form and scheduling link here.

We also published a checklist of our top Squarespace SEO tips which might be helpful.

Archived