Adding a pop-up in check out

Site URL: https://debbasgourmet.com/

Our site has had a lot of drop-offs once someone has added to cart, and we're pretty certain it's due to seeing the cost of shipping. We want to add something during checkout or the shopping cart page that pops up saying "Don't forget! Free shipping at $49 or more!" Squarespace has informed me they don't offer this, so I'm seeing if anyone has had a similar issue and resolved it? 

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

@mrugin

It is possible to modify the cart page to some extent.

It is not possible to modify the checkout page. It is a SS security feature.

If you want to modify the cart page then please describe how you want to modify it. We may be able to help.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 8 months later...
On 2/24/2021 at 10:48 PM, creedon said:

@mrugin

It is possible to modify the cart page to some extent.

It is not possible to modify the checkout page. It is a SS security feature.

If you want to modify the cart page then please describe how you want to modify it. We may be able to help.

Question for you - we offer free shipping over $100 but many customers still buy under $100 and end up paying the same cost in shipping that they could get an item. Is it possible to have a pop-up come up if their cart is under a certain $ amount to remind them they can buy something else to get to free shipping? 

1 hour ago, Mrhodes said:

we offer free shipping over $100. Is it possible to have a pop-up come up if their cart is under a certain $ amount to remind them they can buy something else to get to free shipping?

There isn’t a built in feature that can do this, but it’s possible to write something that does.

A bar (like the announcement bar) could appear when items have been added to the cart but the threshold for free shipping hasn’t been reached, helping to explain the free shipping offer. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.