Is dynamic pricing possible?

Site URL: https://example.com

Is it possible to offer dynamic pricing?

Example:

We offer landscaping services and we want to charge people different prices based on the size of their property.

Right now it seems that the only option squarespace offers would be to provide packages such as:

1000-2000 sqft = $500

2000-3000 sqft = $1000

But this is not ideal for us.

We want to do dynamic pricing, where the user can enter a number of square feet, say 3,426 and we can calculate the price such as 3,426 * $1.15 per square foot = $3,939.90.

It doesn't seem like this is a possibility even through their API.

We tried using the quantity field, doing something like:

Product price = $1.15 per square foot and the quantity = 3,426 and then we can use JavaScript injection to change the field labels from saying quantity to saying square feet, but this doesn't work because Squarespace only allows people to add up to a maximum quantity of 500.

It seems like our only real solution may be to embed our own custom checkout form in an iFrame using something like Stripe.

I wanted to double check if with the forums in case I am missing something before I go ahead and implement our own checkout process.

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 3
  • Views 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Following. It would be great if there was a plugin that allows dynamic pricing. I've seen this topic mentioned in another thread, and I am under the impression that there's no solution that works for all. There might be ways around it for specific cases, but I haven't found one that does the trick for me.  

FYI - If you tried to implement a third party plugin or custom code to help you with dynamic pricing, squarespace will no longer give you tech support for your site. Don't make the same mistake I made with my eCommerce clients. It will cost them lost sales and you lost business.

https://forum.squarespace.com/topic/234216-problems-with-squarespaces-reporting-discrepencies-in-sales-and-analytics/