Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

How to remove price, add to cart, and quantity choice from all product pages?

wt-rsa_001

Question

Site URL: https://carillon-buttercup-9exn.squarespace.com/wines-1/p/country-feast-set-ssa4m

Hello, I have been following various threads trying to remove the online sales aspect of the products page I am trying to put together for my parent's business.  I am building out their website which distributes products, but does not directly sell them through their website. I was able to remove the price successfully but none of the other items have disappeared with anythingI have tried (cart icon, quantity, "add to cart" button). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

This worked perfectly!!! Thank you very, very much !

Worked great for me too many thanks  

21 answers to this question

Please remove previous CSS attempts.

Add the following to Store Settings > Advanced > PAGE HEADER CODE INJECTION for the store page.

<style>

.collection-type-products .grid-prices,
  .ProductItem-details .ProductItem-product-price,
  .ProductItem-details .product-quantity-input,
  .ProductItem-details .sqs-add-to-cart-button-wrapper

{

display: none;

}

</style>

The previous is for a v7.1 site.

Let us know how it goes.

Edited by creedon
version 2 of CSS, hide grid prices

Hello I'm Thomas. I've been getting websites up and running for 26 years. I want to help you at whatever level meets your needs, from as little (if you're a DIYer) to as much as you need.

Thank you!! This worked perfectly for the individual store pages, but unfortunately the general store page with all the options still shows price. Any suggestions to get rid of it there too? Truly appreciate the advice!!

I'm happy to take a look but the page is not there anymore.

Hello I'm Thomas. I've been getting websites up and running for 26 years. I want to help you at whatever level meets your needs, from as little (if you're a DIYer) to as much as you need.

I updated my previous post with the CSS.

This code was really helpful, thank you! 

@creedon I used this code to remove the cart from my site. However, I want to add a gift card, and there is no way to purchase it now. Is there some CSS I can add to exempt just this page from that hide cart and price rule?

@tealcanvas

Please post the URL to the gift card product page.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so. Post the password here.

We can then take a look at your issue.

On 11/18/2020 at 7:01 PM, creedon said:

@tealcanvas

Please post the URL to the gift card product page.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so. Post the password here.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Apologize for the delay! Here is the link to the gift card page:

Our site password is Tealcanvas0202

Any ideas on how to adjust the add to card code on just this page so that people can purchase gift cards would be much appreciated! It doesn't even show the value selection part, or have the ability to purchase. Thanks @creedon!

@TealCanvasArt

Replace the code you got from above with the following.

<style>

.collection-type-products .grid-prices,
  .ProductItem:not( [data-item-id="5fbd838f4b695929a5ecabe7"] ) .ProductItem-details .ProductItem-product-price,
  .ProductItem:not( [data-item-id="5fbd838f4b695929a5ecabe7"] ) .ProductItem-details .product-quantity-input,
  .ProductItem:not( [data-item-id="5fbd838f4b695929a5ecabe7"] ) .ProductItem-details .sqs-add-to-cart-button-wrapper

{

display: none;

}

</style>

Let us know how it goes.

@creedon that code added back in a purchase button to the gift card page. However, there is no drop down to be able to select the amount. It seems to default to our lowest amount ($50) when you click purchase. Any thoughts on how to add additional options? Or will be need to duplicate this page with different amounts on the backend or something?

@TealCanvasArt

Let me take a look. I don't recall seeing an option for other prices but I could have missed it!

Edited by creedon

@TealCanvasArt

I'm not seeing any other values there. Check the item in the Store to make sure it has multiple values on it. Or perhaps there is another product with multiple values on it which you want to apply this effect?

See Selling gift cards.

@creedon somehow the additional values that had been in there on the back end got removed! I added some back in and it seemed to be working as expected, with price drop downs and the ability to purchase. However, when I checked back later, it is defaulting to our lowest value and all of the the other values are gone. It must be some kind of glitch, that since it can't show multiple price values they disappear. Any ideas for a workaround?

Edited by TealCanvasArt

@TealCanvasArt

Step 6 of Create a gift card clearly mentions creating a drop down to select amounts.

If its not working then definitely a glitch. It should be reported to SS.

As a workaround you could create individual cards and then refer to them through the recommended products. Another way would be that each gift card product could refer to every other gift card product through the use of the Additional Info tab and Products blocks.

Edited by creedon