Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Font 'Inter' (added to some elements via custom CSS) suddenly appears bolder than normal throughout the site despite no CSS change to 'font-weight'

SimoneSmerilli

Question

Site URL: https://www.simonesmerilli.com

Hi everyone, 

For more than 2 months, I have been styling some text on my website with the font 'inter', sans-serif and a 'font-weight' of normal (400), using custom CSS. All the text to which this font is applied appeared perfect and did not show any issue concerning the weight of the font, until two days ago, when the default size of all the elements with the font 'inter' have turned suddenly bolder than usual and cannot seem to be changed (as far as I can tell).

An important caveat I noticed is that this happens only on laptop (the browsers I have checked are Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge), while everything looks regular on smartphone.

Here is a screenshot showing how the text looks:1716384227_textwithfontinterbolderthannormal.png.ca8677eeca9cad913a2c68c625a64ed0.png

This is how 'inter' with normal weight should look like:642944323_whatinterlookslike.png.714e83ca3b6734ba5e4ac73ad512415c.png

So, my question is: what could be the source of the problem that has made all the text with font inter suddenly turn bolder and how can I intervene to solve the issue? 

I hope I have been clear enough with the explanation, and that someone is able to help me. Thank you 😃

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Posted Images

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet