how to get dropdown menu for portfolio?

• Replies 10
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please post the URL for your site. If you've not already done so please set up a site-wide password. Post the password here and then we can take a look at your issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

2 hours ago, cherries said:

All the items on my menu are links to a portfolio. Each photo on the portfolio then links to something. I can't seem to figure out how to have a drop down menu for items in my portfolio... does anyone know how to do this?

Cherries, if I’m understanding correctly you’d like a drop-down in navigation that links to specific items of your portfolio? It sounds like you should create a folder in the pages section and put the links to specific projects “inside” that folder. Perhaps name the folder Portfolio. You could also make duplicate links to the projects if you’d like the existing ones to remain in navigation. 

Hi ReformDesign, you are completely correct! Your reponse was very helpful but I ran into another issue... The only problem is, my porfotlio name is let's say "about" and then each item in my portfolio is like "our history" or "our team." When I put the entire portfolio inside a folder (and I have to name the folder "about" since its on the navigation), it says "about" on the navigation and then "about" in the dropdown menu when I want just "about" in the navigation and not in the drop down menu. Also I want the navigation "about" to link to my portfolio "about" and not my folder "about." Sorry if that made absolutely no sense... I've attached some photos... The first one is my home page and the second one is using the "about" link from my portfolio 

Screenshot (36).png

Screenshot (37).png

On 10/9/2020 at 8:41 PM, cherries said:

Hi ReformDesign, you are completely correct! Your reponse was very helpful but I ran into another issue... The only problem is, my porfotlio name is let's say "about" and then each item in my portfolio is like "our history" or "our team." When I put the entire portfolio inside a folder (and I have to name the folder "about" since its on the navigation), it says "about" on the navigation and then "about" in the dropdown menu when I want just "about" in the navigation and not in the drop down menu. Also I want the navigation "about" to link to my portfolio "about" and not my folder "about." Sorry if that made absolutely no sense... I've attached some photos... The first one is my home page and the second one is using the "about" link from my portfolio 

Do you still need help on this?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2020 at 8:15 PM, cherries said:

I did try that but then there was no link to the "ABOUT" page. 

You mean no link for folder title?

If you use Business Plan, we can give the code to make about title clickable

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 1 month later...

Archived