Help with a "widget code" for a custom part of a page

Site URL: https://sturgeon-bulldog-lp9a.squarespace.com/

Hey Squarespace forum - we have a client who has partnered with another business, and that business has a custom widget they want to place in the back end. I want it to go in the back for just ONE page - it is a menu type arrangement. When the code is placed using the <code> tool, the interface gives me "Script Disabled".   

Being a front end guy, this is not my bailiwick. I have the code that I can show or paste in this discussion, and here is a screenshot of how it should display and what squarespace is showing. 

It's a simple menu - my next thought is that I just rebuild it in squarespace - however this appears on quite a few other sites and seems to work there - why doesn't it work here?  Let me know what you think when you get a chance - I appreciate your help! 

blakeArt

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 3.47.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 5.50.37 PM.png

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just looked at your site and I see the problem. I don't have a solution yet.

No need to do the following. I'll leave the info in case it is useful at some other point.

Technically it called Full Preview. See Full preview of pages.

If that doesn't do the trick while in full preview add "?noredirect" to the URL in the address bar. This will reload the site and not fallback into preview.

To get back into preview use the escape key or to go < https://sturgeon-bulldog-lp9a.squarespace.com/config/ >.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

My advice is create a new code block and put a fresh copy of the code that was provided to you in there. Do not at any time click on Display Source.

The reason the code is not working is that the code in the code block is apparently in Display Source mode even though your screenshot doesn't indicate that it is. We can see this as evidenced by the following image.

1730991692_ScreenShot2020-10-08at2_09_09PM.thumb.png.f5bd736928a5fa0d3ca2835b92fce91e.png

If it were working is would look more like the following.

1234827934_ScreenShot2020-10-08at2_15_48PM.png.39e82a899403060329d61f247188996c.png

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Creedon - this script is all in one line of text that runs on 3 lines... I am talking Spacing and line returns - it looks like you are telling me to have returns after the $0,  2 returns after <script>  and big spacing between the (    function    (  c   )   { 

Does that sound right? I will give it a try and let you know...! 

I was suggesting you get the code fresh from the company and try again. I want you to try pasting in exactly what they gave you.

The other information I showed was for the more advanced among us showing that for some reason in your original code block it was not actually code but code rendered to display on screen. As is done for Display Source mode, which we don't want to use. I was hoping someone might have thoughts on how this situation might have occurred without the use of Display Source mode.

Normally with the kind of code your inputting, you should not see code itself but the result of the code. Which in this case I assume is a user fillable form.

For more experimentation out of sight of your customers you could set up a blank test page in the not linked section of your site and play with code blocks there. Just give us the URL of the test page so we can see how things are going. When we get something working then you can repeat those steps on a customer facing page.

Hey there - 

Happy Monday... didn't see your reply late Friday, so sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. A few things:

1) Here is the EXACT code as provided:

<script>(function (c) {window.intakeq="5d15580f2604a73970a472cb"; var i = c.createElement("script");i.type = "text/javascript";i.async = true;i.src = "https://intakeq.com/js/widget.min.js?1";document.head.appendChild(i);})(document);</script><div id="intakeq" style="max-width:720px; width: 100%;"></div>

2) Our site is yet to go live, so everything is behind the scenes - luckily the client still needs to provide other details, and does not plan to go "live" until December. So doing things behind the scenes is an unnecessary step I guess..? 

3) I thought I could just rebuild the block and have it function - but the automatic calendar scheduling  function is not something worth our time to rebuild. Plus it displays goofy in the iPhone mode- the buttons don't line up with the text it is supposed to line up with-doesn't work.

4)  I have plugged the code in in GoDaddy's and Wordpress - works just fine. So there is some sort of blocking going on or incompatibility with SSpace. 

5) Attached is a screenshot of the code in the back end of GoDaddy's web builder.. just to show how it should display so you can see it really is a simple plug and play. 

We're going to have another third party unique code for this client - if it is always this complicated to do this for Squarespace we might need to start looking at a Plan B to host and build this client's site. 

Again, I appreciate your help Sir!  - blakeArt®

Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 12.16.36 PM.png

6 hours ago, blakeArt said:

if it is always this complicated to do this for Squarespace

Whatever is going on is not usual.

I don't see anything particularly odd about the code.

I even experimented here locally and was able to get the code to run so we just need to figure out why the code is being converted into what looks like display source mode. On the upside there isn't some big internal conflict going on between SS and intakeq that I can see.

The following is for the more advanced among us and not instructions.

1369230758_ScreenShot2020-10-12at4_46_10PM.png.f44d0bb3ca7c01557043391972540538.png

1892956588_ScreenShot2020-10-12at4_46_28PM.png.4aba20ccf6fc369502a3337cbbee2965.png

1061788698_ScreenShot2020-10-12at4_47_16PM.thumb.png.39a6027aa163a0621eeb29b34a9679d6.png

1925815763_ScreenShot2020-10-12at4_47_42PM.thumb.png.6bbea984754823779d9649ab16dee6eb.png

1014841938_ScreenShot2020-10-12at4_48_06PM.thumb.png.d60d4a191cb2764546617b793dbd1b8e.png

1943403365_ScreenShot2020-10-12at4_48_35PM.thumb.png.ec688e700897f311cbd715d9aa2efed0.png

1908133282_ScreenShot2020-10-12at5_10_36PM.png.ee8689137db64965d4b57339fa5d26eb.png

1035174804_ScreenShot2020-10-12at5_10_59PM.png.bb91bd502ff6ecbf60b866ac99bf27c1.png

YAH! 

Now it works - ! Don't know what you did, but it works. Jeeeeez what a pain in your ass - I appreciate your help Sir. I'd like for it to be flush right but I am not going to be picky. 

We might have to switch platforms anyway - I will keep you posted. What can I do for you since you've done such a good job for me?  Outstanding. 

It's the classic taking something that is broken to have the repair person work on it and it works for them! 🙂 LOL!

1 hour ago, blakeArt said:

I'd like for it to be flush right

Try a spacer block to the left of the code block. That will push the code block to the right side of the page.

1 hour ago, blakeArt said:

What can I do for you since you've done such a good job for me?

Pay it forward! 🙂

• 2 months later...

Hey Happy New Year Creedon! Hope your thriving going into the new year Sir!  I hope you and yours are navigating this challenging time well, happy and healthy. 

All of our customers who we build Squarespace sites for (3 now, looking to add 2 more in January!) are loving the work and are paying their bills. which is great - and I do appreciate your help in the past.

i do have a quick question for you.  We have one client that wants a "Toggle effect" under a video as it sits on his site... he wants to be able to have Pictures w/ descriptions underneath that he can "Flip thru"  left to right with arrows on either side. I know this is totally possible, but I am having a helluva time figuring out the correct format - in the images I guess the closest thing is the "stack" option but I am being a bonehead and not being able to figure it out to where I can put 3-8, 1`2 etc. options in there where they "carosel" thru. 

Any Pointers would be great !  feel free to email me here if you want as well - mblake@gaudetedevelopment.com

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 2.20.38 PM.png

33 minutes ago, blakeArt said:

I am having a helluva time figuring out the correct format - in the images I guess the closest thing is the "stack" option but I am being a bonehead and not being able to figure it out to where I can put 3-8, 1`2 etc. options in there where they "carosel" thru. 

An image block only contains one image.

Take a look at adding a page section of type Gallery.

463762847_ScreenShot2020-12-31at12_58_12PM.png.7453d3ccc3dadff2fa7778b9eae93c8d.png

Then change it to a type of Slideshow: Reel.

134159183_ScreenShot2020-12-31at12_59_01PM.png.a30d74be60b691db55143237dae921f5.png

Let us know how it goes. Have a great New Year!

• 3 weeks later...

I was on the right track - ! I just started to figure this out meself. Great info and thank you so much! HNY to you too Sir - ! 

Hello Creedon & Jerio 6547 - I hope this post finds you both well! 

2 quick questions for you guys and anyone else:

a)  How do I increase the size of this font in the slideshow file - in the green circle in File attached. It doesn't seem to fall under any of the universal Font categories in the Font Design section.

b) is there any way I can put a Box or Border around this section in question, or is a Code issue that is unique? If there is a built-in, easy way to do it I am all ears. 

SlideshowType.jpg

@blakeArt

Add the following to Design > Custom CSS.

.gallery-section [data-section-id="5feb9c6fff4ef250d3d5b18d"] .gallery-caption p {

font-size: 24px;

}

.gallery-section [data-section-id="5feb9c6fff4ef250d3d5b18d"] .gallery-fullscreen-slideshow-wrapper {

border: 2px solid green;
  padding: 5px;

}

Let us know how it goes. Hope all is well.

Hey Creedon - thanks so much again for all your tips and tricks. 

All is "Kind of" well - times are tough for everyone - but we are hanging in there..! 

As a side note I have this site "in the works" that I am presently working on some videos to place before I launch, but this is built in GoDaddy web builder:
www.Reality-Redesign.com

You can check out my artwork and personal philosophy if you are curious - it's never too late to change things for the better IMHO.

Feel free to critique - it's about 60% done, figuring out the merchant side and like I said, video... I made the 2 "JobSpectrum" videos on the site already.

Thanks again! 

Hey and just an FYI - you told me to pay it forward here in our text thread - I am working on solutions to "Pay it Forward" - to all of us, creatures great and small!  LMK if you want to know more - but that link above should give you an idea.  Take care Sir - blakeArt®

Archived