Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

I can't seem to get my POP-UP to pop-up. I have gone through all the settings and still it wont appear. Any advice?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's popping for people who've not visited your site and either not clicked the cancel button or subscribed.

I assume you as the site owner have canceled or subscribed. That causes some information to be stored in localStorage. If you click cancel then a timer is set and the pop-up wont show up for a bit so as not to annoy site visitors. If you subscribe then you don't get the dialog again.

As a site owner how can you test the site pop-up?

There is the hammer approach which is the use the Reset views. That basically sets everything back to ground zero as far as the promotional pop-up (ppu). Folks who have seen the ppu before will see it again. This a great if you have changed the contents of the ppu in a substantial way.

If you are testing for yourself then you'll want to delete some information stored in localStorage. Go to the URL for your site. Put the following in the address bar of your browser and hit return. Some browsers will delete the "javascript: " at the beginning. If your browser does that, type it back in.

javascript: localStorage.removeItem ( 'squarespace-popup-overlay' );

Now reload your site and wait a bit. The pop-up should appear.

As an alternative you can create a bookmarklet in your browser with the above code as the URL or address.

Let us know how it goes.

Edited by creedon

Hello I'm Thomas. I've been getting websites up and running for 26 years. I want to help you at whatever level meets your needs, from as little (if you're a DIYer) to as much as you need.