Remove click through on product images - Harris Theme?

Hello, 

On a product page i have built, I am trying to disable the option to be able to click on the image which takes you through to a page with the single product on.

As i'm only using one image per item that I'm selling i do not need a click through option.

Does anyone know the coding on how to disable this please?

Many thanks!

• 8 months later...
On 10/5/2020 at 11:05 PM, katie2203 said:

Hello, 

On a product page i have built, I am trying to disable the option to be able to click on the image which takes you through to a page with the single product on.

As i'm only using one image per item that I'm selling i do not need a click through option.

Does anyone know the coding on how to disable this please?

Many thanks!

Hey Katie, did you find a code to disable the click on image product?

@Jeremyn

Please post the URL for the page your site where you want this effect.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password is not a security breach. Please read the documentation at the link provided to understand how it works.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

10 hours ago, creedon said:

@Jeremyn

Please post the URL for the page your site where you want this effect.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password is not a security breach. Please read the documentation at the link provided to understand how it works.

http://creativeportrait.net.au/upsell-package

Thanks for your help Creedon

Also I was wondering if I can redirect users clicking on add to cart to go straight to the cart without enabling express checkout?

@Jeremyn

Add the following to Design > Custom CSS.

.sqs-block-product a {

pointer-events : none;

}

This will disable all links within a product block. It does not effect the Add to Cart button.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

22 hours ago, Jeremyn said:

Also I was wondering if I can redirect users clicking on add to cart to go straight to the cart without enabling express checkout?

Please see the following.

Let us know how it goes.

• 10 months later...
25 minutes ago, EnrichedEducator said:

how can I do this but still keep the Quick View button enabled/clickable?

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site. Please read the documentation at the link provided to understand how it works.

Please read the documentation at the link provided on how to share a link to your site to understand how it works. A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

12 minutes ago, creedon said:

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site. Please read the documentation at the link provided to understand how it works.

Please read the documentation at the link provided on how to share a link to your site to understand how it works. A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

URL: www.theenrichededucator.com/resources-sandbox

Ideally, I'd like to disable the image clickable url while keeping "Quick View" enabled. I'd like this done for the "Featured Resources" two products. 

I've tried using the "pointer-events: none" but it does it for the whole thing and not just the picture/image. You'll be a lifesaver if you can help me achieve this!

Edited by EnrichedEducator
error
18 hours ago, EnrichedEducator said:

I've tried using the "pointer-events: none" but it does it for the whole thing and not just the picture/image. You'll be a lifesaver if you can help me achieve this!

It can't be done with CSS alone. The reason is the quick view button is contained within the link.

591616550_ScreenShot2022-04-20at5_30_29PM.png.7bfd3a4ea8ca10e1fa9d3387da5a22b6.png

It may be possible to move the quick view wrapper out of the a tag with some JavaScript. But I don't know for sure that would work.

Also one thing I noted. One of your products, the first one on the page, actually has the quick view wrapper out of the a tag.

302761956_ScreenShot2022-04-20at5_37_54PM.png.28267dd421b08679fc6ed98b2eff7629.png

How that came to be I don't know. My testing showed that SS always structures the HTML as shown in the first example. Is it a bug in SS? Is it perhaps how you have that particular block set up? Is there some custom code somewhere in the site that is doing it? If you can get the other block to behave like the first one then my code should work they way you want.

Edited by creedon

16 hours ago, creedon said:

It can't be done with CSS alone. The reason is the quick view button is contained within the link.

591616550_ScreenShot2022-04-20at5_30_29PM.png.7bfd3a4ea8ca10e1fa9d3387da5a22b6.png

It may be possible to move the quick view wrapper out of the a tag with some JavaScript. But I don't know for sure that would work.

Also one thing I noted. One of your products, the first one on the page, actually has the quick view wrapper out of the a tag.

302761956_ScreenShot2022-04-20at5_37_54PM.png.28267dd421b08679fc6ed98b2eff7629.png

How that came to be I don't know. My testing showed that SS always structures the HTML as show in the first example. Is it a bug in SS? Is it perhaps how you have that particular block set up? Is there some custom code somewhere in the site that is doing  it? If you can get the other block to behave like the first one then my code should work they way you want.

Thank you so much for trying. I also noticed after I applied your code, one of the featured products behaved the way I wanted it and the other did not. I will go through my CSS to see if I have something there affecting that block. I appreciate your help. 

25 minutes ago, EnrichedEducator said:

I will go through my CSS to see if I have something there affecting that block. I appreciate your help.

CSS doesn't change structure. It only changes the appearance of structure that is already there.

So you're going to be looking for settings or JavaScript that may have altered that one item. Or as I say it could be an SS bug!

1 hour ago, EnrichedEducator said:

I also noticed after I applied your code, one of the featured products behaved the way I wanted it and the other did not.

In case you can't find how the one block is behaving the way you want. Please see Product Block Quick View After Anchor Tag.

Let us know how it goes.

• 1 year later...

Hi,
I have a similar request, except I want to remove the option to click on the product before the checkout page.  Right now there's an ability to click on the product name while it's in the cart, and it takes you to a product page. I want to disable this.

On 7/17/2023 at 6:41 PM, Evgeniy said:

I want to remove the option to click on the product before the checkout page.

A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

Please set up a site-wide password, if your site is not public and you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site.

Please read the site-wide password and how to share a link documentation to understand how they work.

You may find How to post a forum question post useful.