Change header opacity and size while scrolling

Site URL: https://dog-wolverine-3b53.squarespace.com/config/

Hello everybody,

it would be very nice, if someone could help me in customizing my websiteheader. The function of the header should be like at the following website: www.riedel-immobilien.de. So when I scroll down it should become a little smaller in height and switch from transperent to a colored background. 

Different to "riedel-immobilien" starting the website the background of the header should not be transparent, but having an opacity of approxmately 30%. Scrolling down the opacity of backgroundcolor of the header should switch to 90% and the size of the height should decrease.

By myself I got managed to have an transparent header, that gets a full colored backgrould when scrolling down. When I add opacity to it I always have the problem, that the complete header (background, navigation, button, logo) takes the opacity. But I want only the color of the background taking the reduced opacity, while seeing navigation, button and logo clearly. 

I hope someone can help me solving this problem.

Kind regards,

Philipp 

• Replies 3
  • Views 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi. Yes the I solved the described problem. Was some hard work for my brain to understand css, but now I got it 😄

But I have another question concerning the header. 
Is it possible to reduce the space between the logo and navigation? I have three tops in my navigation. The problem is, that on a smaller screen (like 13") the three sitetops are no longer on one line. The next one to the logo goes down (under the other two sitetops). There is enough space to the logo, but it jumps down nevertheless. So I think it could be possible to reduce this space (navigation <-> logo) with css. 

Could you maybe help me solving this problem? I just want the three tops of my navigation a little bit more to the right side without jumping down on smaller screens. 

Best regards,

Philipp

Archived