Add button to Project Pages (York Family)

Site URL: http://seekersandhealers.com/kriya

Hello,

I would like to add a buttons to my project page design: http://seekersandhealers.com/kriya

I understand it can't be done via the default Squarespace CMS but can be done using custom code.

I was wondering if anyone could help or point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

Nat

Edited by Nattym
adding URL for better clarity

Please tell us more about the buttons you want. Where would you want them placed on the page?

To add buttons where SS doesn't provide an interface to do so involves using Javascript and probably some CSS.

You would need the business plan or above.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 9 months later...

@Pili

Are you thinking one set of share button for the whole page or buttons attached to each project?

Please describe where you want the social media buttons on the page. Can you provide an image mockup?

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Thanks for coming back so quickly @creedon🙂

The page example I've sent is a single project, so on each project that I have on my home page, I would like to have share buttons on each when you open them, see screenshot mockups below. Either top or bottom.

Thanks!

ProjectPage_ShareButtons_mockup_TOP.thumb.jpg.c32ed802f6067ed30733f2ecaf4822ff.jpgProjectPage_ShareButtons_mockup_BOTTOM.thumb.jpg.4a0885dc55cbd1b856e0d9bc953c312e.jpg

@Pili

I suggest adding another social block in the footer. Hiding that with some CSS. Then use Javascript on project pages to move the hidden social icons into place.

Does that sound like it would work for your need?

11 hours ago, creedon said:

@Pili

I suggest adding another social block in the footer. Hiding that with some CSS. Then use Javascript on project pages to move the hidden social icons into place.

Does that sound like it would work for your need?

Sorry but I don't have CSS or Javascript knowledge, and I can't visualise what you mean... I don't think I understand what you mean. What I want is for people to share directly on social media my projects, not adding my social media channels, which I already have as you can see. Is there no way then?

@Pili

Ah. I think I understand better what you are after now. I can't say for sure that a solution can be had but I"m pretty sure it will require Javascript and CSS. Javascript will require the business plan or above. One component of a solution, I think, will be some share this like buttons. Have you identified a share this like service you want to use?