Injection code for hiding ccategory sections, when directed from another Homepage

Site URL: http://www.stevegallagher.com/

Hi, I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction?

So I have a section with-in my website called “CONSULTANCY” which directs you to a homepage, the current link takes you back to the” main portfolio website” on a separate page (under construction)  

What I would like to do, is make it so it open into a page where it doesn’t show all the categories on the left hand side from the original “main portfolio page”   - Ideally would only like to see the Logo, CONSULTANCY tab (would like include a drop down folder section visible) and the Contact tab and social links and some kind of back button (to main portfoilo website), on this page.

What I’m trying to achieve, is to make it look like it loads into a whole new section of the website / loads into a new looking website away from the main portfolio page.

I’m not sure if this is possible as it’s using the main template design of the website? Is there a code to inject to achieve what I’m after? Only for this section

If so please could you explain how to do it in a easy terms as I’m a new beginner at this!

Thanks in advance,

Steve

• Replies 8
  • Views 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let  me see if I have this right.

From the URL < http://www.stevegallagher.com/new-cover-page >...

276720294_ScreenShot2020-09-30at2_31_25PM.png.835582c157e06935d1d6e0e43093beff.png

You want to click on the Enter button and go to the URL < http://www.stevegallagher.com/about-consulting >...

1264598177_ScreenShot2020-09-30at2_34_21PM.thumb.png.0592845c257ae92c747459c7bd8f5fab.png

Once at the URL < http://www.stevegallagher.com/about-consulting > you want to hide the main menu on the left.

Something like the following.

2048530415_ScreenShot2020-09-30at2_43_16PM.png.265ab3a2231318da5206739ebecc9c29.png

Then CONSULTANCY would be a folder with links kind of like the following.

383008562_ScreenShot2020-09-30at2_49_59PM.png.a55dd38bd36e02ae7fd301458f2d1e36.png

Does that sound about right? I'm looking at understanding the main flow you want to achieve.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Hi Creedon,

Yes that's exactly right you Legend! How did you do that? Is it a setting that I'm missing, I'm sure it coding right? 

What I would like to achieve is that it looks like a whole separate section to the website dedicated to consulting so the user just concentrates on this page if they are looking for consulting and not going onto the portfolio page,  but also need a some sort of return to the "Portfolio button".

Further Advice? Thanks for taking the time to look at this!

I may at some point I may have "Steve Gallagher Consulting" and a link button on the main landing page (pages with images) so they go straight into that section rather than going through the "Portfoilo page" Like this (a quick mock up in photoshop):

109013021_ScreenShot2020-10-01at09_16_50.thumb.png.b866a0e5997f2a6d7b813fd92720f28a.png

178186130_ScreenShot2020-10-01at09_16_22.thumb.png.fa108590efd9386f91ec984232623769.png

I'm assuming that I would have to customize with injection code with how the text block sit also a code to display a picture in the consulting section if I go down that route? How do I go about writing code for this?

But for the time being would like to learn how to inject code so I can get the text block central like this on the main landing page:

53602585_ScreenShot2020-10-01at09_27_36.thumb.png.b841811572e3ccfdf0afed321eb9cc86.png

Thank you in advance for all your help!

12 hours ago, SteveG03 said:

How did you do that? Is it a setting that I'm missing, I'm sure it coding right?

Just a little CSS.

This will hide the menu on < http://www.stevegallagher.com/about-consulting >. If you are on the business plan or above add the following to Page Settings > Advanced > PAGE HEADER CODE INJECTION.

<style>

#mainNavigation {

display: none;

}

</style>

Alternately you can add the following to Design > Custom CSS if NOT on business plan or above.

#collection-5f74db2d8e3c384f6fb3b473 #mainNavigation {

}

Setting up CONSULTANCY can be done through the SS interface.

1693443982_ScreenShot2020-10-01at2_02_21PM.png.03d1872222a90b416e254affcb50cd29.png

That should get you started on your initial question.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Hi Creedon,

Thanks for that the injection code it worked a treat, Tho I need to hide the "projects folder" from the main page so it just shows in the consulting page and not on the main photo page and a back button to the main photo page on the consulting page. Please could you direct me in the right direction if is there a source page where list injection codes? so something like that

Thanks Steve

Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 16.43.24.png

3 hours ago, SteveG03 said:

Tho I need to hide the "projects folder" from the main page

If you are on the business plan or above add the following to Page Settings > Advanced > PAGE HEADER CODE INJECTION.

<style>

#secondaryNavigation ul li:nth-of-type( 2 ) {

}

</style>

Otherwise add the following to Design > Custom CSS if NOT on business plan or above.

#collection-5e3b2cdaa8e0ad4a458719ac #secondaryNavigation ul li:nth-of-type( 2 ) { /* hide PROJECTS */

}

The previous CSS is hiding the menu items by position of the item in the secondary menu. So if you change the secondary menu the CSS needs to be updated.

4 hours ago, SteveG03 said:

and a back button to the main photo page on the consulting page

You should be able to use a button block or text on that page to link back to the page you want.

Let us know how it goes.

Hi Creedon,

Thanks for the above it worked well!  Please could you guide me how to adapt the main landing page so it like this so it links straight into the the relevant sections from here. The photo section is fine just need to add a text block and enter a button for the consulting title so it does straight into that, rather than having to go through the photo section of the website.

Thanks for you help, you're a Legend!

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 09.16.50.png

From what I've read so far online I'll have to build a custom landing page, starting with a blank page and build the text blocks center them, and link buttons directing to each page , add social icons if needed and some how add the random picture gallery behind it? Am I head along the right lines?

Thanks Steve

Archived