How to tell the Contact form where to send stuff to?

Okay, for the life of me I can't see where in the world I can tell the contact form to forward the information once people fill it out. At all. How do I tell it to send the information to an email address or something because as of now if it's filled out it apparently just goes nowhere and that's not helpful. I don't want a useless form for people to not be able to contact me. What sense does that make? There's a page on how to MAKE a contact form (already know how to do that) but even if you go into settings or whatever for it, nope, no option on where to tell the information to go. They couldn't have made this less user friendly. I've set this up before as well and they did used to have a clear option for that but now it's gone, because they changed their layout. Can someone tell me how to get into that option and fix the settings please? 

• Replies 1
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Lacer8tedBrain said:

I can't see where in the world I can tell the contact form to forward the information once people fill it out. How do I tell it to send the information to an email address

To receive an email when a visitor submits a form, Edit the form and click the Storage tab. The Administrator's email address is connected by default when a Form Block is created.

edit-form-storage.thumb.png.885423804104ec634af9e7c4167dc9bd.png

To send form submissions to a different email address, use the following steps:

1. Under Storage options, click X next to the address.
  2. Enter a different email address.
  3. Click Connect. The address box will display Sending to when it's successfully connected.
  4. Click Apply or Save to save your changes.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived