Customising two different blogs on one website

Site URL: https://tarantula-lanternfish-c84p.squarespace.com/

Hi everyone.

I have one site with two blogs - one to act as a 'standard' blog/journal and the other to act as a portfolio. I want to remove the date and comments section from the portfolio blog only, so that neither show up on individual posts or summary blocks.

Can anyone help with this please?

https://tarantula-lanternfish-c84p.squarespace.com/

p/w: yarwoodwhite

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best way to do that is to put your blog in the unlinked section of your site, and use summary blocks on two pages, you may not need to create two seperate blogs to do that but you could. The reason to use summary blocks is you can easily customize the look of each "blog" where blog pages, any changes you make for one are going to change the other. I am doing these on my site, I have a stories blog and photography lessons which are also blog posts, but they look like two separate things:

My Random Views

If you like this idea, I can provide you with more specific instructions as to how to go about doing this. 

19 hours ago, derricksrandomviews said:

Best way to do that is to put your blog in the unlinked section of your site, and use summary blocks on two pages, you may not need to create two seperate blogs to do that but you could. The reason to use summary blocks is you can easily customize the look of each "blog" where blog pages, any changes you make for one are going to change the other. I am doing these on my site, I have a stories blog and photography lessons which are also blog posts, but they look like two separate things:

My Random Views

If you like this idea, I can provide you with more specific instructions as to how to go about doing this. 

Thanks Derrick. I've already set both blogs up in this way but the individual post pages display the date at the top and comments box at the bottom- if I remove these features from the design style settings, they'll disappear from all post pages from each blog, which I don't want. I just want to remove them from one blog (the portfolio). I think I'll need some CSS to make this happen...

You can remove the date from the summary block and leave it on the blog posts. I have done that. Here is my actual blog page not summary page:

https://myrandomviews.squarespace.com/stories

So my suggestion is one blog is an actual blog page, the second blog would need to be a summary page, and you can hide the date and comments there. One other thing if you use code to hide the date for all posts simply put it back in yourself as a bit of text. You might try this also in blog page advanced header code injection:

<style>
.view-item .meta { display: none; }
<style>

The above code should work for one blog not all of them at the same time unless you remove the style command and put the code in custom css. 

Archived