Lodgify Search Bar

Site URL: https://www.crockettsrun.com/

Hi,

Has anyone used the embeddable Lodgify Search Bar widget? I currently use the "book now" button widgets, but the Search Bar configuration is a little more tricky. 

My question—would updating the DNS A records to configure Lodgify interfere with connecting my domain to Squarespace? My domain was purchased outside of Squarespace and connected it to my SS site. My DNS A records all point to squarespace.

I have an existing Squarespace site, and use Lodgify.com to manage rental properties and want to incorporate their search widget onto my home page. Their instructions for installation require first changing DNS A records:

You need to create 2 A-Records
1st A-Record:
Alias - Should be the full domain: www.yourdomain.com
Type - Should be "A-Record"
Points To - Should be 104.155.59.202

2nd A-Record:
Alias - Should be @@ or the domain without "www": yourdomain.com
Type - Should be "A-Record"
Points To - Should be 104.155.59.202

Thank you.

• Replies 3
  • Views 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve used Lodgify and recommend it to clients. When you set up the search bar, you aren’t really embedding it in your sites, you’re just making it look as if Lodgify is part of your site by allowing it to use a subdomain of your domain name. For example, if your Squarespace site is www.crockettsrun.com then you may want to set up Lodgify to use booking.crockettsrun.com. When you are creating the new A records, you are creating them for this new subdomain, not your full domain as stated in your question. If you add the A record for this, it won’t affect Squarespace but if you add them incorrectly, it will.

I hope this helps.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Ok I see. So configuring A records for the subdomain won't affect the A recod configuration of the domain (crockettsrun.com).

That means I'd have to create a subdomain in the DNS (called something like booking.crockettsrun.com) and then configure the A records to point to Lodgify.

Then the search bar would show on crockettsrun.com homepage? 

Archived