"Page Description" and Text Overlays on Banner Being Used as Meta-Description by Google (Bedford Template)

So I found out yesterday that the google search results for my page have the meta description of the .png file of my banner, as well as the actual texts and button names that are on the banner. These are forced to be in the "Page Description" box under general. I have a completely separate "SEO Description" paragraph that  I had believed would be used for the meta description, yet Squarespace seems to not prioritise that and instead is telling Google to use the banner .png file name and text overlay for that.

Squarespace support has been of ZERO assistance and just keeps telling me to reindex my site and that it is up to Google as to what they want to use. But I have already indexed my site dozens of times in the past months, and the "SEO Description" has always been there and not changed. Also, it does not make sense that Google would choose to use the .png file name of my banner as a better reflection of my site description.

Is there a way for me to code inject a meta description of my choice that will override this issue?

• Replies 0
  • Views 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived