How to remove "Select" on Product Variant Drop-Down

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

• Solution
On 9/25/2020 at 11:49 AM, MagnoliaPi said:

Is there any way to remove the "Select" text on the Product Variant Dropdown, so that it only say "Farve" and "Motiv"?

Hello 😀

I have provided some code to do this on my website in the guide entitled Removing 'Select' from Variant Dropdowns on Squarespace 7.1.

Let me know how you get on.

-Paul

no-select-on-variants-soundfocus-digital.gif.ab35a4b329b182c9596fb037457ef9b2.gif

If a post helps you, please click a "Like" option below  ↘️

Edited by paul2009
Screenshare was not shown correctly

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/28/2020 at 3:00 PM, paul2009 said:

Hello 😀

I have provided some code to do this on my website in the guide entitled Removing 'Select' from Variant Dropdowns on Squarespace 7.1.

-Paul

http://g.recordit.co/35CXEVnhbn.gif

I want to remove the ''select'' word as well. I used the code from Paul but it doesn't work. I get syntax error on the line where i pasted the code. The code is also super long. Am i doing something wrong?

chrome_BZOjTGSSoh.png

2 hours ago, LukaMalensek said:

Am i doing something wrong?

Please provide a working link to the page so that we can check.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Shah_nanigans said:

I also tried using this code. It did not work for me as well.

Please provide a working link to a product on your site so that we can take a look. This is essential when we are answering code questions because otherwise we cannot confirm whether code will work on your site. The site doesn't need to be live for you to provide us with a link, but if it is still in trial, you will need to set a public password and share it with us.

• 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, tarje said:

I am also having issues pasting the code

@tarje Squarespace made changes to product pages w/c 4th April 2021, and these affected the code. I've updated it now, so please let me know how you get on.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/4/2021 at 3:49 AM, paul2009 said:

@tarje Squarespace made changes to product pages w/c 4th April 2021, and these affected the code. I've updated it now, so please let me know how you get on.

Squarespace made changes to product pages w/c 4th April 2021, and these affected the code. I've updated it now, so please let me know how you get on.

Thank you @paul2009 it works. It is Awesome! will post link when complete...
if you still have the link I sent thru for another question feel free to inspect and give me ideas and feedback use our store as an example by all means it really works fantastically. 

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Georgia_G said:

This code is not working for me.

Your site appears to be using custom code (a plug-in?) to replace the drop downs with buttons. The code wasn’t written to work with this.

3 minutes ago, Georgia_G said:

Yes I am using a plug-in

I recommend you contact the plugin developer for help in customising their code.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 9/28/2020 at 9:00 AM, paul2009 said:

Hello 😀

-Paul

no-select-on-variants-soundfocus-digital.gif.ab35a4b329b182c9596fb037457ef9b2.gif

Hello, this does not seem to work in Safari, but does work for Chrome. Any work around for it to work in both/all?