Fixed Background

Is it possible to make your background image fixed? Wix has this as a built in option but I can't seem to figure it out for squarespace. We have a lot of text on one of our pages and the image is blown out of proportion. I found this article but can't seem to figure out how to make it work for our site. Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks!

https://thirtyeightvisuals.com/blog/fixed-background#adbs-anchor-full-code

• Replies 7
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please give us the URL for the page where you want this effect to occur on your site. If you've not already done so please set up a site-wide password. Post the password here and then we can take a look at your issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

3 minutes ago, RyanDejaegher said:

@cjN, if this will be the only and section on your entire page you can add this CSS

.section-background {
 position: fixed;
}

Well that was easier than anticipated.. perks of learning. Appreciate the help and quick response!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2020 at 10:21 AM, chaynes07 said:

Adding onto this, how can I add a fixed header to 3 of my sites pages and not the entire site?

Can you share site url? Do you use Personal or Business Plan? We can check easier.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Archived