Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

cjN

Question

Is it possible to make your background image fixed? Wix has this as a built in option but I can't seem to figure it out for squarespace. We have a lot of text on one of our pages and the image is blown out of proportion. I found this article but can't seem to figure out how to make it work for our site. Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks!

https://thirtyeightvisuals.com/blog/fixed-background#adbs-anchor-full-code

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

7 answers to this question

Please give us the URL for the page where you want this effect to occur on your site. If you've not already done so please set up a site-wide password. Post the password here and then we can take a look at your issue.

Hello I'm Thomas. I've been getting websites up and running for 26 years. I want to help you at whatever level meets your needs, from as little (if you're a DIYer) to as much as you need.

3 minutes ago, RyanDejaegher said:

@cjN, if this will be the only and section on your entire page you can add this CSS

.section-background {
 position: fixed;
}

Well that was easier than anticipated.. perks of learning. Appreciate the help and quick response!

On 10/9/2020 at 10:21 AM, chaynes07 said:

Adding onto this, how can I add a fixed header to 3 of my sites pages and not the entire site?

Can you share site url? Do you use Personal or Business Plan? We can check easier.

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan, work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above.