Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Image descriptions in Lightbox view only?

broadlawner

Question

Hi all.

I have a Gallery section, (in 7.1) set to Masonry layout, with Lightboxing activated. I would like to have the images' individual descriptions/captions HIDDEN at the top level (so the masonry grid stays clean), but VISIBLE in full when someone clicks on an image to expand it into the lightbox format. I know it's not natively possible, but is there a way to do it with a code snippet perhaps?

There is so much I need to say about each image, but not at the top, section level. The first impact has to be one of clean lines and no clutter. The second level, is drilling down to the descriptions. The logical way to do that is by creating a lightbox state that also shows the image's description.

Any help or advice greatly appreciate. Happy to venmo some cash to someone who could help me add the right code.

Cheers

Edited by broadlawner
  • Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Can you share link to page where you use images?

Also, do you use Personal Plan or Business Plan?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Custom Popup - Testimonial Slider

I'm Tuan, blogger/owner of a free library for children in Vietnam. Helping the community is a hobby. Contact me via email.

On 12/3/2020 at 2:23 AM, artistpainter13 said:

Did you figure out the code to inject for this? I want to do the exact same thing, but I can't find the code for it. Thanks!

If you share site url, we can check easier

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Custom Popup - Testimonial Slider

I'm Tuan, blogger/owner of a free library for children in Vietnam. Helping the community is a hobby. Contact me via email.

I have the same question. Galleries require an image name (or description) but it is very messy looking at the top gallery masonry grid layout. Wells does this in version 7.0.  Does anybody have a work around for adding the description below the image in Lightbox? 

23 hours ago, dianedhemingway said:

I have the same question. Galleries require an image name (or description) but it is very messy looking at the top gallery masonry grid layout. Wells does this in version 7.0.  Does anybody have a work around for adding the description below the image in Lightbox? 

Can you share link to your site & Which plan do/will you use?