Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Google Search Description


Recommended Posts

Site URL: https://www.icarotea.com/

When I search my brand on google, Icaro Tea, this description shows up:

 

Building a healthier. community one. sip at a time. DSC_8041 (2).jpg. DSC_8009 (1).jpg. DSC_8148 (1).jpg. DSC_7995+%281%29.jpg. DSC_8217 (2).jpg.

I've changed the SEO description on every facet of my site, as well as SEO site description but it is not changing. Is it a matter of changing images or is it a part of the site that I am not seeing. Thank you in advance for your help.

Link to post
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone did a very recent study and Google only uses your site's meta descriptions about 30% of the time. Its kinda crazy. So the other 70% of the time they use copy from your page and build their own meta description based on the user's query and anything else that they feel is relevant.

So in your case, they ignored your custom meta description and grabbed the only text on your home page and then the filenames of your images as what they displayed. I believe you can solve this pretty easily by adding some text to the home page that explains your product. Target 200+ words. Also rename your images to something a bit more descriptive, just in case they continue to do the same thing for awhile.

After you make your changes, use Google Search Console to ask them to re-index your page.

I had a client who had the same thing happen and it too 6 weeks or so before they displayed something that was better – so you might have to be patient!

Hope that helps!

Link to post
On 9/24/2020 at 10:27 AM, Booch1 said:

Site URL: https://www.icarotea.com/

When I search my brand on google, Icaro Tea, this description shows up:

 

Building a healthier. community one. sip at a time. DSC_8041 (2).jpg. DSC_8009 (1).jpg. DSC_8148 (1).jpg. DSC_7995+%281%29.jpg. DSC_8217 (2).jpg.

I've changed the SEO description on every facet of my site, as well as SEO site description but it is not changing. Is it a matter of changing images or is it a part of the site that I am not seeing. Thank you in advance for your help.

Once you make a change to a SS site, it may take up to 24 hours for Google to recognize the change when it comes to Title & Meta Description. 

If you haven't tried this:

From the SITE SEO settings, remove any text that is there. Ask Search Console to re-index site. Verify that search results show different - auto-generated - description in search results. If that works, repeat process but, this time with desired text.

@pinoshah

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment


×
×
  • Create New...