Hide lowest price in store front

Hi,

i'm in the process of setting up an online shop. We will sell physical products and workshops. 

For the workshops we want to offer two price variants: Full Price 1000USD and Deposit 250USD (to secure your spot)

In the store front it says: price start from 250USD (which is just not true and misleading) 

Does anyone have an idea, how i can hide the deposit variant from the store front, so that it always display the 1000USD as price. And only on the detailpage they can select the different variants from the dropdown? 

Any help is appreciated.

• Replies 6
  • Views 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/21/2020 at 5:54 AM, KatFe said:

For the workshops we want to offer two price variants: Full Price 1000USD and Deposit 250USD (to secure your spot)

In circumstances like this, it's best to add the deposit as an entirely separate item, rather than a variant of the full price item. If you display the full price workshop "products" only, you can then add a link to the deposit "product" within the description of the workshop, allowing potential customers to easily reach the deposit.

Here's an old post where I offered some advice in similar circumstances:

If you really want to display the workshop and the deposit as variants so there's a dropdown list, you can use our Variant Pricing extension to remove the "From" pricing and show the full price. If a visitor clicks Add to Cart without choosing an option, they'll automatically add the full product to their cart, but if they choose Deposit from the drop-down, the deposit price will be shown. 

If you have further questions, please provide a working link to your product page.

If a post helps you, please click a "Like" option below  ↘️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

@paul2009 thanks for your input. I had the same idea of adding a product just for the deposit. But that seems to be to complex for the person handling the orders 😄i might just hide the price for the product (i figured out you can hide the pricing for specific tags) and add the price to the dropdown. Which is not a very clean solution, but works for now. 

image.png.c0d825bfbb5948f39787b5319c494ef5.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@LKW You can add custom CSS to hide price. In general i would not recommend to do it, as it makes everything more complicated and harder to do maintenance.

I assume there are nicer ways to solve the problem. I just added custom code in "advanced page settings", which says: 

<style>
.product-price { display:none }
</style>

Keep in mind that you need to display the price somehow. In my case i just added the price as part of the product name. Not perfect, but a workaround. 

14 hours ago, KatFe said:

I just added custom code in "advanced page settings", which says: 

<style>
.product-price { display:none }
</style>

I was wondering how to suppress prices for products with certain tags. Now that I know a little more about Squarespace I see that it is do-able, but probably varies with each page, template, and version. E.g., on a product collection page in Montauk/7.0, you could use something like:

<style>
.tag-hidden-price .product-price .sqs-money-native { display:none }
</style>

where 'hidden-price' is a tag you've applied to various products.

Archived