Transferring a Wordpress website in a docker container into Squarespace

I recently hired front end engineers to code up a website based off of our desired design. They coded up the website, but they used wordpress to do so. The wordpress-based website is hosted on a docker container. I wanted to transfer all of the contents and all of the designs of the wordpress-based website that the contracted engineers developed into squarespace, which is the current registrar for the domain that I own. Is there any way to do so?

I've been searching online for ways of doing what I mentioned above, but none of them proved to be helpful. All of them ask for import/exports of the wordpress website, which solely copies the content of the wordpress website into squarespace, instead of the entire website design. Please help!

• Replies 2
  • Views 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi @maxims
Welcome to SQSP World!

You need to code your Squarespace template to make it look like your WP theme.

If you want to make it advance and elegant I suggest you SS7.0 with developer mode.
Please share your WP website.

Please use the like button if it helps you!

Best,
Leopold

Ninja Kit Extension: Upgrade your Squarespace website without coding.

YouTube Preview    -    FREE DOWNLOAD

8 hours ago, maxims said:

I recently hired front end engineers to code up a website based off of our desired design. They coded up the website, but they used wordpress to do so. The wordpress-based website is hosted on a docker container. I wanted to transfer all of the contents and all of the designs of the wordpress-based website that the contracted engineers developed into squarespace, which is the current registrar for the domain that I own. Is there any way to do so?

No. If you want to host your desired design in Squarespace you will need to start again from scratch. WordPress and Squarespace are entirely different platforms and so it is not possible to import the design from WordPress into Squarespace. If you are happy with the WordPress design, you could host it using WordPress instead.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived