Wall Summary Not Displaying Properly

Site URL: https://www.geminiandthebear.com/galleries/2019/1/26/katie-james-wedding-atlanta-ga-1

I am trying to change up the way my galleries display on my site.  I want to have a masonry look for my galleries.  The best way of doing this I can come up with is creating a master gallery, and creating Wall Summary with tags to filter each gallery.  I have done this and it looks correct when looking at it in my squarespace panel, but on the actual website browser it is not displaying correctly.  I do use lazy summaries, but it works fine on my other sites.  This one, not sure why it doesn't.885740917_ScreenShot2020-09-19at11_08_53AM.thumb.png.a8e417625b9fb1feda7c3936e5c18852.png1794048467_ScreenShot2020-09-19at11_09_29AM.thumb.png.96f062cd500acbf5af59f62e2aee535e.png

• Replies 4
  • Views 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are using Farro? Haute? Is the link the only gallery that is showing so much blank space? Do I understand you are using a summary page for that gallery but not the others? They look fine to me, but the one you posted a link too, its all over the place. I use a lot of blog summaries so this one is a bit confusing to me. Lazy Summary loads scripts I suspect and they won't run while viewed inside the config program. It certainly looks like a code/compatibility issue. I know it seems like a bit of trouble but you might consider removing the plug in and see if the summary blocks then create the correct layout. 

There is a CSS rule-set at the beginning of your custom CSS that is causing the problem. This is not the exact CSS of the rule-set but gives you an idea of where the problem is located.

@media screen and ( min-width: 800px ) {

.summary-item {

position: relative;

}
  }

What this is saying is that when the window is 800 pixels or more then set position to relative. The normal setting is absolute.

I think you can remove that rule-set and not cause to much damage overall. Assuming you want to restore the native behavior. Make a copy of your CSS in case you need to restore it.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived