Can't login to gsuite to verify domain in godaddy

Site URL: https://www.ellierosepierpoint.com

Hi all, I'd appreciate some help as I've gone round in circles so many times!

I've signed up for gsuite, added the mx records to godaddy (where my domain is hosted) and even waited the 72hrs it says it may take for activation, however, every time I click the login button in the email it takes me to google admin to login, I try and it says my domain needs to verify.

I go back to the squarespace resend the invitation and try again, still nothing. 

Support page says I have to verify by getting the code from inside the admin login for my new email but I can't get in there, not even to setup point where I can get the verification code.

I have full administration permission.

What can I do here?

Thanks, Ellie 

Screenshot_20200919-153021_Google Play services.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Ellierose said:

I've signed up for gsuite, added the mx records to godaddy (where my domain is hosted) and even waited the 72hrs it says it may take for activation, however, every time I click the login button in the email it takes me to google admin to login, I try and it says my domain needs to verify.

Hi Ellie

Issues like this can be frustrating, so first let me say that this probably isn't something that we can troubleshoot effectively from here. Google G Suite support and Squarespace Customer Care are best placed to help with this as they will have access to the account. 

However, this may help. You said that you'd added MX records to GoDaddy. There are no MX records currently for the ellierosepierpoint.com domain so this change didn't save within GoDaddy. However, this won't affect domain verification and is something you can set up in a later step.

To verify the domain, you'll need to add a TXT record to GoDaddy with a particular code provided by Google. To obtain this, go to G Suite Setup and click on the VERIFY link. It should open instructions of how to add a TXT record on GoDaddy. If you follow this to add the verification code, you should be able to move to the next step.

I hope this helps.

If a post helps you, please click a "Like" option below  ↘️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

On 9/19/2020 at 8:08 PM, paul2009 said:

Hi Ellie

Issues like this can be frustrating, so first let me say that this probably isn't something that we can troubleshoot effectively from here. Google G Suite support and Squarespace Customer Care are best placed to help with this as they will have access to the account. 

However, this may help. You said that you'd added MX records to GoDaddy. There are no MX records currently for the ellierosepierpoint.com domain so this change didn't save within GoDaddy. However, this won't affect domain verification and is something you can set up in a later step.

To verify the domain, you'll need to add a TXT record to GoDaddy with a particular code provided by Google. To obtain this, go to G Suite Setup and click on the VERIFY link. It should open instructions of how to add a TXT record on GoDaddy. If you follow this to add the verification code, you should be able to move to the next step.

I hope this helps.

If a post helps you, please click a "Like" option below  ↘️

Thank you very much for your help. I'll keep trying!

Archived