Changing checkout button colour in shopping cart

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: https://sawfish-cat-9nxl.squarespace.com/cart

hi there,

pw: Ch4rl13

I'm trying the change the background colour on the checkout button in the cart - I've managed to change the font and font colour, but nothing seems to make the background change. This is the code I've been messing around with to try and get it to work:

/* checkout button */
.checkout-button span {
  color: #414042 !important;
  background: #F4ED3 !important;
  font-family: LilitaOne-Regular !important;
}

...and on the payment page I've changed the button colour but can't figure out how to change the text!

any help would be appreciated - Thanks folks!

Edited by kennedyc
  • Solution
2 hours ago, kennedyc said:

I'm trying the change the background colour on the checkout button in the cart

The password you've provided for your site isn't correct, but you should be able to change the button colour on your Squarespace 7.1 site by adding the following to Design > Custom CSS:

body .checkout button.CheckoutButton-checkoutButton-3yWY2 {
  background-color: #F4ED3;
}

If a post helps you, please click a "Like" option below  ↘️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Because it’s the cart, the CSS won’t take effect immediately. You’ll need to save it then refresh the page.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 month later...
On 11/10/2020 at 1:12 AM, JKassel said:

I am needing help with this also. I entered the code you provided substituting my preferred color. How long does this take to become visible? It's been about 10 minutes. 

Can you share site url? We can check easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 9 months later...
On 9/11/2021 at 4:23 AM, LivelyHouse said:

Hi there -  I would so appreciate your help as well. I tried using the code and the color didn't update for me.  My site is livelyhouse.co. THANK YOU!

Add to Design > Custom CSS

/* Checkout button */
button.checkout-button {
    background-color: red !important;
}
button.checkout-button a {
    color: green !important;
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)