Moving domains - no option to "move domain to another site" even though the other site is definitely subscribed

Site URL: https://cricket-bellflower-3xhg.squarespace.com/

I have two sites, both for the same client - the old one i created (7.0), its on my ss account, the second one I also created (7.1). The first has been fine, working well, domain is there, all good. I am now ready to switch from the old to the new site, and I am going in to the old (currently live) site to the domain settings to shift it but there is no option to "move domain to another site". I have definitely just purchased the 12 months subscription for the new site on 7.1 so I know its there. 

Is this just a silly lag thing while SS catches up with my subscription I just purchased 10 minutes ago? or should i instantly be able to move domains and I'm experiencing some other kind of issue. 

The domain is not registered with SS, it is via onlydomains. 

• Replies 1
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the domain is not managed by Squarespace, you won't see option to move it. However, you should see a button called Disconnect Domain. Once disconnected from the old site, you can go to the new site and choose Use a Domain I Own to connect it to the new site. 

If you experience any difficulties, Squarespace Customer Care are usually happy to help. You can reach out to them here.

If a post helps you, please click a "Like" option below  ↘️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived