Resource Directories on Squarespace

Site URL: https://www.acesawareventuracounty.org/

Hi there, 

I've been tasked with creating a resource directory for a site the connect healthcare providers with outside resource in the area that relate to items such as behavioral health, child development, and the like. I've been researching how to create a resource directory and saw that Community Box is a good resource. I've gone through the tutorials, and think it is quite useful, but I am not loving the application. 

I found that there may be a way to code a resource directory into Squarespace, but that I may have to do that through developer mode. Does anyone know any good sources for code that are applicable to Squarespace? Additionally, if I did already use a template to built my site, will my information be deleted if I code the directory myself? Thanks! 

~Best Regarda~

• Replies 3
  • Views 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, ACEs_Aware_VC said:

I found that there may be a way to code a resource directory into Squarespace, but that I may have to do that through developer mode.

Developer mode is a feature of Squarespace version 7.0 sites. Yours site is v7.1 based.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

33 minutes ago, ACEs_Aware_VC said:

Does anyone know any good sources for code that are applicable to Squarespace?

Community Box has a guide to add their code into your website.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

On 9/15/2020 at 7:55 PM, ACEs_Aware_VC said:

Additionally, if I did already use a template to built my site, will my information be deleted if I code the directory myself?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Are you referring to enabling developer mode? DM isn't available to v7.1 sites so no information can be deleted as the option doesn't exist.

Archived