Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Custom Portfolio Pagination Titles (7.1)

Site URL: https://beccalam.com

Hey everyone, I'm looking for some help in creating custom pagination for each project on my site. Right now, I have my portfolio pieces labeled in a way that you can see what area of design they're part of when you hover on the landing page, but I don't want to see that additional information in the pagination titles.

I've seen some custom CSS to make it "Previous" and "Next," but I like having the titles - it's just currently too much to put for pagination. Some of it clashes together on mobile. Photo below of the site on mobile - in the photo, for example, I'd like the titles to instead be "COVID-19" and "Science Policy Initiative." But again, I don't want to change those titles for the actual pages themselves. 

Thanks in advance!

IMG_A2E54422682D-1.jpeg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can reduce font size on mobile only. Add to Home > design > Custom CSS @media screen and (max-width:767px) { .item-pagination[data-collection-type^="portfolio"] .item-pagination-tit

Posted Images

You can reduce font size on mobile only.

Add to Home > design > Custom CSS

@media screen and (max-width:767px) {
.item-pagination[data-collection-type^="portfolio"] .item-pagination-title {
    font-size: 15px;
}
}

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2020 at 9:48 AM, tuanphan said:

You can reduce font size on mobile only.

Add to Home > design > Custom CSS

@media screen and (max-width:767px) {
.item-pagination[data-collection-type^="portfolio"] .item-pagination-title {
    font-size: 15px;
}
}

Thanks for this! This is a great temporary fix, although if it's possible to create completely custom pagination titles, I'd still like to know how to do that. Essentially, I'm looking for a way to shorten the page titles ONLY for the pagination (not on my landing page).

Or if that's not possible here, that'd just be great to know 🙂

On 10/1/2020 at 3:57 AM, becca_lam said:

Thanks for this! This is a great temporary fix, although if it's possible to create completely custom pagination titles, I'd still like to know how to do that. Essentially, I'm looking for a way to shorten the page titles ONLY for the pagination (not on my landing page).

Or if that's not possible here, that'd just be great to know 🙂

although if it's possible to create completely custom pagination titles

Can you describe in more detail? We can check easier.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/2/2020 at 3:58 AM, tuanphan said:

although if it's possible to create completely custom pagination titles

Can you describe in more detail? We can check easier.

Yeah, so what I mean is I want to have full control over what shows up for the pagination instead of it being automatically generated by my page titles.

So, for example: On my website, I have a page titled "Science Policy Initiative (Web & Brochure Design)." I'd like that to stay titled that way, but I would like its corresponding pagination to instead read as "Science Policy Initiative." 

I suspect it is possible with quite a bit of coding - but I'm obviously not sure.