Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Solution

If you want to receive payments via PayPal but you don't want to use the Squarespace Commerce features like the cart or the checkout that you can add a PayPal button - the link provides details of how to build the code.

You can insert the PayPal button code using a Squarespace Code Block, but bear in mind that you must be on a Squarespace Business Plan or higher to be able to add this code. Once added, all the processing will be handled on PayPal: there won't be any record of the transaction on Squarespace and, to reiterate what I said above, it will not be integrated with Squarespace checkout or commerce features.

If a post helps you, please click a "Like" option below  ↘️

Edited by paul2009

Improve your online store with our extensions.
About: Squarespace Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, appreciation and great design ♥.
Work: Squarespace Developer and founder of SF Digital, building the features Squarespace didn't include™.
Content: Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.
Catch up on all the release notes and announcements 2023 [for Circle members only] (there's a public version here)

Buy me a coffee

• 2 years later...

Same question and I I see how to get the code from PayPal - how/where would I insert in Squarespace?  I'm a new user so as much detail as possible is appreciated.

Edited by kt7
11 minutes ago, kt7 said:

where would I insert in Squarespace?  I'm a new user so as much detail as possible is appreciated.

You add it to a Code Block.

However, it is unusual to want to add a PayPal button to Squarespace because Squarespace already has PayPal integrated into the commerce features. If you are new, you may want to tell us more about what you are trying to achieve. There may be an easier way 🙂.

About: Squarespace Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, appreciation and great design ♥.
Work: Squarespace Developer and founder of SF Digital, building the features Squarespace didn't include™.
Content: Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.
Catch up on all the release notes and announcements 2023 [for Circle members only] (there's a public version here)

Buy me a coffee

I have paypal connected, but need to allow the other options - specifically debit or credit card.  On the paypal side I see the optin to set this up, but then I need to copy the code - and put it where?  I'm all for easier!image.png.e32ae2182d863a1164bd402fb1c837ec.png

4 minutes ago, kt7 said:

I have paypal connected, but need to allow the other options - specifically debit or credit card. 

If you would like customers to pay by debit card or credit card you will need to connect Stripe.

Customers checking out with PayPal must log on to their PayPal account to pay and can only use credit or debit cards saved to their PayPal account. 

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Buy me a coffee