Turning Portfolio Project pages in regular Pages

Site URL: https://cooperteam.co/

There are two subpages found under Properties link to two different page types:

Buyer is a single page with an image gallery

Seller is a Portfolio page with 26 sub Projects

I've decided to combine them into one page, so, using the Buyer page as the main page, I'd like to then link to the individual Project pages from thumbnails on that page. My guess is that's impossible without having to rebuild each Project page again as a Page in order to make them navigable within the site structure.

Is there an easy, or any, way to convert Project pages into regular Pages???

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey @bbowers00, @SienArt and @anna4,

The answer is No, it's not possible. However, you may find that SquareWebsites Chrome Extension solves your issue somewhat. It allows you to copy blocks between pages (and websites), which would make converting them take a fraction of the time. Rather than having to rebuild and re-upload, you can copy sections rapidly and it'll save you a lot of time.

Hope that it helps.

Work With Me 🖥️💻📱

Please remember to tag me so that I get a notification and respond to your help requests.

If my answers have helped you, please drop a like and mark my answer as best to help other users find solutions quickly.

You can also thank me or make requests by buying me a coffee . (Caffeine fuels me to take more requests)

For Squarespace Tips & Tricks, visit @squareskills (Youtube 📺 Tutorials)

For Premium and FREE plugins, visit Squareskills (Plugin Store) 🧩

Some links may be affiliate/referral links.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/10/2021 at 8:52 AM, KwameAndCo said:

Hey @bbowers00, @SienArt and @anna4,

The answer is No, it's not possible. However, you may find that SquareWebsites Chrome Extension solves your issue somewhat. It allows you to copy blocks between pages (and websites), which would make converting them take a fraction of the time. Rather than having to rebuild and re-upload, you can copy sections rapidly and it'll save you a lot of time.

Hope that it helps.

Okay but you have to pay for a separate license to use the Chrome extension. And this type of stuff is what is going to drive me away from squarespace. It is missing basic features like duplicating a page or converting an events page to a regular page or just deleting or hiding an events section. But there is a way to do it, you just have to pay extra for a Chrome extension?! To me, that is the equivalent of microtransactions in video games. They are essentially saying, "Hey we made it easier for you to edit your site, but you have to pay us again to use the easier version."

Edited by OkayThanks
4 hours ago, OkayThanks said:

Okay but you have to pay for a separate license to use the Chrome extension. And this type of stuff is what is going to drive me away from squarespace. It is missing basic features like duplicating a page or converting an events page to a regular page or just deleting or hiding an events section. But there is a way to do it, you just have to pay extra for a Chrome extension?! To me, that is the equivalent of microtransactions in video games. They are essentially saying, "Hey we made it easier for you to edit your site, but you have to pay us again to use the easier version."

Duplicating Pages is perfectly possible but converting a page type is not as they are different data types. I'm not really sure there are any platforms that have that functionality - certainly not Wix, Weebly or any other DIY competitors like that. 

I get your microtransactions point but it's not really a fair comparison as - while you might think this is a basic feature - it isn't, it's closer to paying for a 3rd party Mod as SquareWebsites is totally unaffiliated with Squarespace, they're just a team of people who use the platform. This is the same as Shopify Plugins (almost all require monthly fees) or Wordpress plugins. The Extension also offers a lot more extended features than just duplicating content, so, again, it's not really a case of paying for "the easier version" in the sense you're describing.

Having a strong, 3rd party plugin/extension and customisation community is really valuable for any platform but paying is just par for the course really.

Work With Me 🖥️💻📱

Please remember to tag me so that I get a notification and respond to your help requests.

If my answers have helped you, please drop a like and mark my answer as best to help other users find solutions quickly.

You can also thank me or make requests by buying me a coffee . (Caffeine fuels me to take more requests)

For Squarespace Tips & Tricks, visit @squareskills (Youtube 📺 Tutorials)

For Premium and FREE plugins, visit Squareskills (Plugin Store) 🧩

Some links may be affiliate/referral links.

• 2 months later...