Redefined grid on a filtered product page

Hi ! I am new to Squarespace and I am still discovering all the features.

For the need of a project; I am using CSS Grid layout to customise a shop page.
I've configured my grid on my "All" shop page but when I filtered my products by categories (to make them appear on another link page), I can't redefined the displaying order of my products. (please find attached some pictures)

Do you have any idea how I can do that?

Thanks in advance for your help and making me a better dev! 💪

Capture d’écran 2020-09-11 à 19.23.12.png

Capture d’écran 2020-09-11 à 19.23.33.png

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please provide the URL for your site. If it is a private site please set up a site-wide password and provide the password to us. That way we can get a look at what you have going.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Interesting problem. I'm in diagnostic mode right now. Let me restate the problem to make sure we are on the same page.

When one has a Store Page (in 7.1, Products in 7.0, where working with a 7.1 site here) and has defined categories x, y, z for items one can have filtered URL pages based on the categories. For example...

/store - that would be all items

/store/x - only category x

/store/y - only category y

/store/z - only category z

As far as I can tell there isn't an easy way to define CSS rules based on the filtered pages. For example if there was something like a data-filtered-by-category="x" attribute on the <div class="list-grid"> element then styling individual filtered pages would be fairly straight forward.

Do I have the basic issue correct?

I have some ideas percolating in my mind. I'll follow up in another post.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

I see that you have jQuery installed. I have come up with some example code that I think will get you back on track.

The idea is to use jQuery to let us put an element attribute into the pages. We can then use a CSS attribute selector to target the different categories.

In Page Setting > Advanced > Page Header Code Injection for your Store Page put the following.

<script>

$( ( ) => {

let $categoryActive = $( '.category-link.active' );

let categoryName = 'all';

if ( $categoryActive.length ) categoryName = $categoryActive.text ( );

$( '.products' ).attr ( 'data-filter-by-category', categoryName );

} );

</script>

You can then write CSS like...

[data-filter-by-category="all"] .list-grid {

grid-template: [enter rules here];

}

[data-filter-by-category="abc"] .list-grid {

}

[data-filter-by-category="xyz"] .list-grid {

}

You may need to throw some !importants in there depending on how you've defined your CSS.

Let us know how it goes.

That's exactly what I've been looking for.

I applied your Jquery script and it works fine, I have now data-filtered-by-category attribute.
I've could modify grid-template of two categories for now.
I have some troubles to add another grid-template on my third category but I might have made a typing error.

Thanks again for your help, I let you know once everything will be working.

Archived