How to Change the background color of your collage on a collage image block WITH CSS

Site URL: https://lindyglow.squarespace.com/

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me figure out how to change the color of the collage block. I know you can change it in the style editor, but I would like to change it through CSS.

I have two collage blocks on my client's site and I'd like one of them to have a different colored background.

I'm trying to find the code to target it. Here's what I was able to find and come up with: I can't seem to figure out how to put them in order and target that collage block to change its text box color.

.image-card-wrapper
.image-card sqs-dynamic-text-container
.image-title-wrapper
.image-title .sqs-dynamic-text

See collage block towards the bottom, I'd like the color to be white so that it doesn't blend in with the pink background.
https://lindyglow.squarespace.com/services 
Password: glow

Use this CSS

div#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1599698725699_50131 .image-card {
    background: red;
}

Find image block id. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/squarespace-collectionblo/bggpdfnccodbnmcndckmeehdjkjojkde

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 8 months later...
On 6/2/2021 at 11:24 AM, IMO said:

What about using an image as background for all collage image blocks, meaning site-wide?

Try this

div#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1599698725699_50131 .image-card {
    background-image: url(https://cdn.pixabay.com/photo/2020/12/14/11/18/cat-5830643__340.jpg);
	background-repeat: no-repeat;
	background-size: cover;
}

Or send to forum message

• 3 months later...

Hi @tuanphan

Would it be possible to change the background of the Image Block Collage Text block on Hover to achieve the below idea?

Cheers,

Roland694690755_ScreenShot2021-09-15at3_33_05PM.thumb.jpeg.c141ac67fa3883f9521269181d0c83f0.jpeg

I run FuseHub Creative Group, a syndicate of creatives from all over the world with one common goal - to develop creative and strategic solutions for ambitious organizations, and develop cool plugins which you can find on the SQS Mods platform - Circle Members always get a 10% discount with this code: SQSMOD10.

14 hours ago, RolandFuseHub said:

Hi @tuanphan

Would it be possible to change the background of the Image Block Collage Text block on Hover to achieve the below idea?

Cheers,

Roland694690755_ScreenShot2021-09-15at3_33_05PM.thumb.jpeg.c141ac67fa3883f9521269181d0c83f0.jpeg

Possibile. If you share link to page in screenshot, we can give code easier

Or send to forum message

3 hours ago, tuanphan said:

Possibile. If you share link to page in screenshot, we can give code easier

Hi @tuanphan

https://devstanbury.squarespace.com/?password=sneakpeek

Early development... 

Thanks mate!

I run FuseHub Creative Group, a syndicate of creatives from all over the world with one common goal - to develop creative and strategic solutions for ambitious organizations, and develop cool plugins which you can find on the SQS Mods platform - Circle Members always get a 10% discount with this code: SQSMOD10.

On 9/16/2021 at 11:16 PM, RolandFuseHub said:

Use this CSS

.design-layout-collage .image-card {
    background-color: red !important;
}

Or send to forum message

25 minutes ago, tuanphan said:

Use this CSS

.design-layout-collage .image-card {
    background-color: red !important;
}

I was hoping to have that box turn red on hover? 😉

1 hour ago, tuanphan said:

Red when hovring text, or hovering whole image/text?

Red when hovering over the Text Card with the text in it. 🙏🏽

1 hour ago, tuanphan said:

It looks like you changed layout. Do you still need help?

My apologies... we just changed it and should've told you.