Styling Twitter Feed Horizontally

Site URL: https://mouse-trout-epjy.squarespace.com

Hello, 

I am trying to style a Twitter block to display horizontally like the example below. 

I am using the Squarespace Twitter block and have managed to style it a little with custom CSS but I am having trouble with making it appear horizontally, as it automatically displays as a vertical list. Would I need to style each individual tweet to achieve this?

I have tried with .sqs-block-twitter--tweet-list and sqs.block-twitter--tweet-text-wrapper but nothing has worked so far. 

I have also tried with a Twitter embed code block instead of the SQS widget but couldn't get that to work either. 

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks! 

Screenshot 2020-09-10 at 14.00.42.png

Screenshot 2020-09-10 at 14.02.19.png

• Replies 18
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/24/2020 at 8:22 PM, spongebob-smc said:

@messery

I had the same issue. I set tweets to 3 on the twitter block settings, and set columns to 3 in the code. Then I kinda messed around with width % and padding in the code and also the width settings of the block and eventually ended up with this. There's still a very faint grey line I can't get rid of though.  

Can you share link to page in screenshot? We can check easier.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, I found this thread and have used the code provided (as well as new code for stacking single on mobile), but am wondering if the alignment issue above was ever addressed?  I have my tweets set to show 3, set columns to 3 in the code, and have played around with the width and padding but can't get 3 tweets in a row properly. 

https://bumblebee-chartreuse-kmxn.squarespace.com/

pw: rprednep

15235539_ScreenShot2020-12-12at2_08_59PM.png.28058b6270bcc2343bc93031156745f1.png

9 hours ago, KellenMcG said:

Hi, I found this thread and have used the code provided (as well as new code for stacking single on mobile), but am wondering if the alignment issue above was ever addressed?  I have my tweets set to show 3, set columns to 3 in the code, and have played around with the width and padding but can't get 3 tweets in a row properly. 

https://bumblebee-chartreuse-kmxn.squarespace.com/

pw: rprednep

15235539_ScreenShot2020-12-12at2_08_59PM.png.28058b6270bcc2343bc93031156745f1.png

I see 1 twitter item here. Can you add some? We can check easier.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

15 hours ago, tuanphan said:

I see 1 twitter item here. Can you add some? We can check easier.

Hello, I have 3 actually...when you're in edit more you can only see 1 for some reason. If you click out of edit mode you can see all 3. There are many tweets on the account so there should be no issue seeing as many as we need. 

Alignment seems to be okay now, but now my client is wondering if we can somehow show the images from the tweets in the feed rather than just the link. Is this possible? 

17 hours ago, tuanphan said:

Hi. 1 item here.

image.thumb.png.9a5337ca724c61d1da1b498ffde9e47a.png

Hi, I'm saying that I have it set to show 3 tweets and it shows 3 when I'm in edit mode, but on the "live" site or when I toggle out of edit mode it sometimes only shows one. And alignment is all messed up. AND I want to be able to show images in tweets instead of just a link. Hope that clears it all up. Thanks. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 6.42.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 6.43.12 PM.png

14 hours ago, tuanphan said:

You can contact Squarespace Customer Care to fix 3 items issue first, then we can check alignment easier.

Hi, can you first tell me if it's possible to show the images from tweets instead of just a link? If it's not, then my client will remove the Twitter feed entirely so I won't want to spend time trying to connect ./support. Thanks. 

Archived