How do I add a text box on a product page in the Bedford template?

Site URL: https://www.modeltransport.co.uk/

I'm quite new here, but have the main e-commerce site up and running. However, I would like to add a hyperlink under the sidebar categories on the product page. I can't find a way to add it to the category navigation, so I think the next easiest option is a text box, but there doesn't seem to be any way to add this on this page either. The ultimate aim is to add a sidebar link between the two different (eventually three different) product pages to highlight the other page. 

I've been through all the help pages, but the options there don't seem to work on a product page.

Any help gratefully received, thank you. 

www.modeltransport.co.uk

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Hi. I have another question about category navigation on Bedford template. The category navigation in the mobile view is only showing + symbol, but nothing else, when entering the product page. Therefore, the category list is hidden. I would like to have the category list visible when entering the product page. Is there a way to do that? Any help is appreciated. Thanks! www.anticomedy.net/svencomics

On 10/17/2020 at 9:06 PM, SvenComics said:

Hi. I have another question about category navigation on Bedford template. The category navigation in the mobile view is only showing + symbol, but nothing else, when entering the product page. Therefore, the category list is hidden. I would like to have the category list visible when entering the product page. Is there a way to do that? Any help is appreciated. Thanks! www.anticomedy.net/svencomics

Have you solved it yet?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 2 months later...
div#categoryNav:after {
    content: "Here is text text text";
    display: block;
    color: grey;
    font-size: 20px;
}

Hello Tuanphan. I used your snippet to add text to my product pages and it works great. (I changed the div to #flowContent to put my text after the share button).

However, my text has three paragraphs and the <br> code is not working to split the text. It just shows up in the content. Any ideas?Here is my code:

<style>
  div#flowContent:after {
    text-align: left;
    margin-top: 10px;
    content: "ORIGINAL DESIGNS <br>All Wine Bunnies products are designed by an actual sommelier who is also a graphic designer (how cool is that?). <br><br>SUSTAINABILITY <br>All Wine Bunnies products are made to order thus eliminating waste. We use environmentally friendly inks that are free of harsh chemicals and printing technology which uses less energy and creates almost zero waste water. <br><br>SMALL BUSINESS <br>Your Wine Bunnies purchase helps support a small (very small) homegrown business.";    
</style>

@cloax

The content property doesn't understand HTML tags. It does understand \A when used with the white-space property and a value of pre or pre-wrap.

So you could rewrite the CSS as the following.

<style>

#flowContent:after {

content: 'ORIGINAL DESIGNS'
      '\A\A'
      'All Wine Bunnies products are designed by an actual sommelier who is '
      'also a graphic designer (how cool is that?).'
      '\A\A'
      'SUSTAINABILITY'
      '\A'
      'All Wine Bunnies products are made to order thus eliminating waste. We '
      'use environmentally friendly inks that are free of harsh chemicals and '
      'printing technology which uses less energy and creates almost zero '
      'waste water.'
      '\A\A'
      'SMALL BUSINESS'
      '\A'
      'Your Wine Bunnies purchase helps support a small (very small) homegrown '
      'business.';    
    margin-top: 10px;
    text-align: left;
    white-space: pre;

}

</style>

Without access to your site it is hard to know if this will do the trick.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Archived