Find results in...
Advanced Search

Customize order confirmation page

Anna10e
Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Question

Site URL: http://www.annatenne.com

Hi everyone! ūüôā
I'm relatively new to SS, and really been struggling to customize the order confirmation page (I sell digital products!)

I'd love to customise to better highlight the download link, as most people seem to miss it or don't know the link will expire in 24hrs.
I've customised the confirmation and product emails that get sent, but not everyone opens them, thinking they have more time to access their links (it seems to be expiring 24hrs from purchase, rather than 24hrs from accessing the link/email too).

I use Squarespace 7.1, have tried looking online but was only able to edit the confirmation page by adding additional text below the footer (to say the link will expire), but I'd love to know if it's possible/how to customize the default info (to better highlight the link - maybe make it blue and underlined?) and remove the footer that then appears in the middle due to the new text underneath, at least.
I also don't know how to view the order confirmation page, aside from actually placing an order, is there anywhere to find it on my site in order to view/customize? 

Can anyone please help? Thanks in advance! 
(I'm relatively new to SS, and don't have code knowledge, but I've done my best to try finding a solution before writing here.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

IMG_2006.jpg

Edited by Anna10e
  • Answers 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

Can you place an order & share order confirmation page? We can check easier. I also wrote this guide, maybe useful: Customize Order Confirmation Page

You should be able to modify the message by replacing the CSS with something like this: #confirmed-page {   // Order Confirmed title   h1 {     font-size: 34px!important;   }   // Order details te

I should have explained that the code was specific to the user who wanted to use it for a Digital Download confirmation page and had h3 header that they wanted to change. You need to use the same prin

Posted Images

Hi Paul, I am wanting to do something similar with the attached screenshot. I'd like it to say "Please note for security reasons once purchased your e-book link will expire after 24 hours. Please ensure you use the downloadable PDF for your convenience." in bold. Under the digital downloads part. Are you able to help? Thanks

Untitled-7.png

Edited by SarahKin

Hi, is it also possible to change the order confirmation for particular products only? I would like to add text with a link for only one product whereas all the other products should have the general order confirmation page. 

2 minutes ago, JanaK said:

Is it also possible to change the order confirmation for particular products only?

It's possible with code, but only if the order confirmation page already includes something specific to that particular product. Code can then look for a unique phrase that only appears for this product, and then amend the page accordingly.

¬†¬†¬†If this helps you, please click "Like" below¬†¬†‚¨áÔłŹ

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi, I'm Paul, founder of SF Digital,¬†building¬†the features that Squarespace didn't include‚ĄĘ. Pick dates in any format, show¬†prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cart.¬†I value¬†honesty, integrity, transparency and respect.¬†Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.¬†I¬†‚ô• Squarespace. I've been a loyal supporter of the platform since¬†2007.¬†

Hi there, I'm trying to edit my confirmation page but I'm in the new editor. I tried plugging in some of the above code but didn't see any changes.

Is there any way to remove the shipping address? We only have one service product, unless that info doesn't appear on the order confirmation. SS doesn't really tell you much on what will appear dependent upon what type of product/service you set up.

On 2/10/2021 at 9:47 PM, j_blubird said:

Hi there, I'm trying to edit my confirmation page but I'm in the new editor. I tried plugging in some of the above code but didn't see any changes.

Is there any way to remove the shipping address? We only have one service product, unless that info doesn't appear on the order confirmation. SS doesn't really tell you much on what will appear dependent upon what type of product/service you set up.

Can you place an ordŠļĽ & share link to order confirmation page? We can check easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course :-D). Answer within 24 hours.

How to:

-- Yup!

5 hours ago, whitney.prather said:

Is there a way to add a welcome video to this using CSS?

No. CSS cannot be used to add a video. You’ll either need to use JavaScript or redirect users to another page where you’ve added a video block.

Hi, I'm Paul, founder of SF Digital,¬†building¬†the features that Squarespace didn't include‚ĄĘ. Pick dates in any format, show¬†prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cart.¬†I value¬†honesty, integrity, transparency and respect.¬†Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.¬†I¬†‚ô• Squarespace. I've been a loyal supporter of the platform since¬†2007.¬†

30 minutes ago, urbanashram said:

how can I inject a header before the second paragraph, as seen in your example. 

I am not sure which example you are referring to, as this is quite a long thread. Can you be more specific?

Hey @paul2009 thanks for the quick response. Using your example, as shown below, what would be the code if you were to put a header before that new paragraph?

image.thumb.png.8fd95adce6255a3bc10fa35a7324fe50.png

and would it be possible to insert a primary button as well?

Edited by urbanashram
47 minutes ago, urbanashram said:

What would be the code if you were to put a header before that new paragraph and would it be possible to insert a primary button as well?

The solutions in this thread allow you to prefix existing text or style it using Custom CSS. Unfortunately CSS can't be used to add the elements you mention. To achieve the changes you require, you can either:

• Create a "replacement" order confirmation page (using a standard Squarespace page and content blocks) and¬†use a redirect to send customers to this instead, or
  • Write some JavaScript to make the necessary changes and then¬†inject this into the standard order confirmation page. This is something that cannot easily be written or tested without access to the site where it will be installed.¬†

11 hours ago, paul2009 said:

The solutions in this thread allow you to prefix existing text or style it using Custom CSS. Unfortunately CSS can't be used to add the elements you mention. To achieve the changes you require, you can either:

• Create a "replacement" order confirmation page (using a standard Squarespace page and content blocks) and¬†use a redirect to send customers to this instead, or
  • Write some JavaScript to make the necessary changes and then¬†inject this into the standard order confirmation page. This is something that cannot easily be written or tested without access to the site where it will be installed.¬†

@paul2009 I guess this would also be a question for @Anna10e

If that is the case, how was she able to add more elements of text (two headers) and a download link - as seen below in her first example. 

image.png.7d283b46e72ebbb529d1a3c2d242538d.png

1 hour ago, urbanashram said:

how was she able to add more elements of text (two headers) and a download link

These are a standard feature for Digital products. Squarespace includes these additional elements to allow customers to download their purchase.