Customize order confirmation page

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

• 1 month later...
Hi Paul, I am wanting to do something similar with the attached screenshot. I'd like it to say "Please note for security reasons once purchased your e-book link will expire after 24 hours. Please ensure you use the downloadable PDF for your convenience." in bold. Under the digital downloads part. Are you able to help? Thanks

Untitled-7.png

Edited by SarahKin
2 minutes ago, JanaK said:

Is it also possible to change the order confirmation for particular products only?

It's possible with code, but only if the order confirmation page already includes something specific to that particular product. Code can then look for a unique phrase that only appears for this product, and then amend the page accordingly.

If this helps you, please click "Like" below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Hi there, I'm trying to edit my confirmation page but I'm in the new editor. I tried plugging in some of the above code but didn't see any changes.

Is there any way to remove the shipping address? We only have one service product, unless that info doesn't appear on the order confirmation. SS doesn't really tell you much on what will appear dependent upon what type of product/service you set up.

On 2/10/2021 at 9:47 PM, j_blubird said:

Hi there, I'm trying to edit my confirmation page but I'm in the new editor. I tried plugging in some of the above code but didn't see any changes.

Is there any way to remove the shipping address? We only have one service product, unless that info doesn't appear on the order confirmation. SS doesn't really tell you much on what will appear dependent upon what type of product/service you set up.

Can you place an ordẻ & share link to order confirmation page? We can check easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, whitney.prather said:

Is there a way to add a welcome video to this using CSS?

No. CSS cannot be used to add a video. You’ll either need to use JavaScript or redirect users to another page where you’ve added a video block.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, urbanashram said:

how can I inject a header before the second paragraph, as seen in your example. 

I am not sure which example you are referring to, as this is quite a long thread. Can you be more specific?

Hey @paul2009 thanks for the quick response. Using your example, as shown below, what would be the code if you were to put a header before that new paragraph?

image.thumb.png.8fd95adce6255a3bc10fa35a7324fe50.png

and would it be possible to insert a primary button as well?

Edited by Guest
47 minutes ago, urbanashram said:

What would be the code if you were to put a header before that new paragraph and would it be possible to insert a primary button as well?

The solutions in this thread allow you to prefix existing text or style it using Custom CSS. Unfortunately CSS can't be used to add the elements you mention. To achieve the changes you require, you can either:

• Create a "replacement" order confirmation page (using a standard Squarespace page and content blocks) and use a redirect to send customers to this instead, or
  • Write some JavaScript to make the necessary changes and then inject this into the standard order confirmation page. This is something that cannot easily be written or tested without access to the site where it will be installed. 

11 hours ago, paul2009 said:

The solutions in this thread allow you to prefix existing text or style it using Custom CSS. Unfortunately CSS can't be used to add the elements you mention. To achieve the changes you require, you can either:

• Create a "replacement" order confirmation page (using a standard Squarespace page and content blocks) and use a redirect to send customers to this instead, or
  • Write some JavaScript to make the necessary changes and then inject this into the standard order confirmation page. This is something that cannot easily be written or tested without access to the site where it will be installed. 

@paul2009 I guess this would also be a question for @Anna10e

If that is the case, how was she able to add more elements of text (two headers) and a download link - as seen below in her first example. 

image.png.7d283b46e72ebbb529d1a3c2d242538d.png

1 hour ago, urbanashram said:

how was she able to add more elements of text (two headers) and a download link

These are a standard feature for Digital products. Squarespace includes these additional elements to allow customers to download their purchase. 

• 7 months later...
54 minutes ago, Begona said:

I've been reading this thread and wondering if there's a way to display a photo in the order confirmation page.

Yes this is possible, assuming you want to show the same image for every confirmation. First you'll need to upload the image to the site and provide us with a link to it. 🙂

17 hours ago, Begona said:

Here's a link

I've put together some code and a short guide explaining how to install it.

Please take a look here: Add an image to the Order Confirmation page

When I add your image URL I see this on your :

634466657_Screenshot2021-11-06at10_43_02.thumb.png.e028771bd045b5c5cc2c88e93b34a129.png

If this post has helped you, please click a 'Like' or 'Thanks' icon below  ⬇️

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Begona said:

Hi @paul2009

I'm following your instructions to add an image to another website, but unfortunately it's not working 😞

Can you help me?

site: https://www.cadimat.wine/vinos

password:vino

Thank you!

Could you place a test order and send the post checkout url so we can help having a look

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date format)
💫 Animated Buttons (Referral URL)
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

3 hours ago, Begona said:

I'm following your instructions to add an image to another website, but unfortunately it's not working

If the image URL is correct, the code should work on any site. If you're sure the image URL (including the quotes) is correct then I'll be happy to take a look. As mentioned already, it's only possible to troubleshoot this when we have access to the order confirmed page and URLs expire.

21 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

If the image URL is correct, the code should work on any site. If you're sure the image URL (including the quotes) is correct then I'll be happy to take a look. As mentioned already, it's only possible to troubleshoot this when we have access to the order confirmed page and URLs expire.

Thank you, @paul2009

I'm pretty sure the image URL is correct.

I just placed an order: https://www.cadimat.wine/checkout/order-confirmed?oid=6196717ef1884f12ef1b854e&authCode=NjE5NjcxN2VmMTg4NGYxMmVmMWI4NTRlOjIwMjEtMTEtMThUMTU6MzA6MDEuMzg5WgCVa2xE4ITZ3YxAdBjFspoUcC70-DmpOXkEW0J5g-FF

I appreciate any help!

30 minutes ago, Begona said:

I appreciate any help!

I'll DM you.