Analytics Not Working

Hello Squarespacers,

We're new to Squarespace - just started using it for our company's website. We don't do online sales so it's just for info, news, etc.

We started the trial 23rd July, and signed up (paid) on the 12th August. Analytics only shows 3 visits which were on Aug 13th (see attached).

I set up Google Analytics on Sep 2nd and can see we're getting >100 pageviews per day.

When I contacted support they replied "I can confirm this is just to an issue on our end with the data not being currently shown in the traffic panel in the analytics panel. Thank you for reporting this behavior. I have reported your issue with our Design and Engineering teams for review, and they’ll use this feedback when implementing fixes and improvements in future releases. Please keep in mind that there are many moving parts we need to address before any changes are made, and we can't guarantee changes to this behavior in the immediate future. That said, all feedback is reviewed and your continued input is always encouraged.  There is an issue that is preventing the data from being shown, which our engineering team are working on as we speak. I can not give a certain time frame, but they are working on it to have a fix in place as soon as possible, as we understand the urgency for our users."

Are other experiencing this problem? Is it broken for everyone?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ian

SquarespaceAnalytics.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 9
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the replies @derricksrandomviews & @ArtByPino

I set up Google Analytics urgently when Square Space wasn't working. It was easy to do and worked immediately.

Pino: Yes, Google Analytics is reporting traffic but SquareSpace shows NONE!

Is this normal for SqureSpace? Does it affect others? I was told it would be fixed soon but as you can see from the images it's not.

Really I'd like to know if SquareSapce analytics is valuable. It's frustrating that it's not working but if it's super basic then I suppose I can live without the service that we are paying for!

Thanks.

1342579794_GoogleAnalytics(1).thumb.png.8dcfed39c7bfe2fc7701928eb140ae3a.pngSquareSpaceAnalytics_Flick-Solitaire.thumb.png.74b2a6e4efea58b02e59da08d9bb75c2.png

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Did this ever get fixed for you? I am now experiencing the same thing. Been a member since August and now its not working for me. I'm setting up a GA account now for future events. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/14/2020 at 11:41 AM, fahrenheittea said:

Hello,

Did this ever get fixed for you? I am now experiencing the same thing. Been a member since August and now its not working for me. I'm setting up a GA account now for future events. 

It's good to hear that I'm not alone... I've been going back and forth with support for a month and a half... and they keep telling me everything running just fine... they don't seem to acknowledge the fact that everything worked the way that I claim before the issue... it was right around the time I renewed my domain that I noticed the drop off... is there something I need to update when I re-up my domain??? I thought all that stuff happened automatically...

• 1 month later...

I just created an account and pushed the website live and started promoting it. I'm still showing 0 visitors on SS but GA shows the right number. Seems like this issue is ongoing.

• 4 months later...

Ive had some experience with different analytic tools showing different reports for the same site. However, all sites showing non-corresponding data used different hosting/website builders but were integrated with google analytics. The problem was on googles end. For new accounts, they send an influx of bot traffic to crawl your site and analyze the structure.  To pickup this traffic, google has a pretty liberal rule set for marking traffic - far less verification then all of the other analytic tools. Its pretty annoying because if you have relatively low traffic - it skews data significantly.  Interestingly, Ive only had the issue with G4A, which is not compatible with SquareSpace. Regardless, my guess is that something similar to this is happening with your site. If ou still have issues, I would reach out to google or integrate a second analytics tool to see which is aggregating the right data.