How do I locate the collection ID?

• Replies 7
  • Views 73.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  1. Right click and View Page Source
  2. Do a find for <body (control - F in Windows or command - F in Mac)
  3. You'll find a line something like this:
    <body id="collection-51c37050e4b0895fa6dc9175" class="collection-type-index homepage view-list">

4. As you can see, the ID is often the first attribute
  5. In CSS, ID selectors are called with a hash (#) symbol, such as:
    #collection-51c37050e4b0895fa6dc9175

Alternatively, when you're in the Squarespace Configuration pages, if you go to the page you'll see the ID in the URL, for example:

yourdomain&period;squarespace&period;com/config#collectionId=51c37050e4b0895fa6dc9175

You'd then have to add the collection- part back: collection-51c37050e4b0895fa6dc9175

The name is an Anglicised form of the Greek Korvetti — I like to think there’s a little bit of the ancient Hellenic drive in me.

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

hi there! I tried to follow this description for locate the page ID, but if i do the right click i can not choose something like page source and in the URL it also does not show me the page ID.Im working on mac.What am i doing wrong or is there any other way to locate it? Tanks for your help!

• 7 months later...

On a mac change advanced settings of your browser to show Develop in Menu Bar. Then open the page on browser, go to view source code and there you can find it.

Archived