• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

moving text left on banner

CosmicChristine

Question

Hi!

I've moved my banner text to the left on my homepage (using Bryant template) and now i unfortunately need the rest of the banner texts to be CENTERED. I've used the following css code to move the text to the left but now it applies to all my pages which I don't want.

css code: 

.desc-wrapper {
   margin: 0 !important;
   text-align: left!important;
}

Does anyone have any idea how to make a code that ONLY puts the banner text on the left on the homepage? 

Best,

Christine 

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

You can target just that one text block, so something like  #block-5f524e504e7c943516ebdfe6 .desc-wrapper {    margin: 0 !important;    text-align: left!important; } Use the Squarespace ID find

Hi Use this code in Design -> Custom CSS body#collection-5f50be931891da781ba1c801 .desc-wrapper { text-align: left !important; margin-left: 0 !important; } Please use the like b

Thank you so much! The last one worked perfectly.

7 answers to this question

You can target just that one text block, so something like 

#block-5f524e504e7c943516ebdfe6 .desc-wrapper {
   margin: 0 !important;
   text-align: left!important;
}

Use the Squarespace ID finder Chrome extension to easily find your unique Block ID.

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

body#collection-5f50be931891da781ba1c801 .desc-wrapper {
    text-align: left !important;
}

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan, work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above. 

Hi Tuanphan,

thanks for the code, it does work however it aligns the text in the banner to the left but not as much as I would like. It is still too close to the center. Can you help me with this? 

Best,

Christine