Nearest template to something like this?

So, I had a website a good few years ago which has become somewhat...er, abandoned. I'm a musician/songwriter/composer who's very much been hit hard by that lovely virus meaning hardly any gigs this year, who's looking for a professional looking but affordable website (transferring over an existing domain). Squarespace seems to tick that box the most. I'm not positioning myself as an artist - I'm more of a session musician. I don't mind admitting that I am clueless about the world of websites these days - I used Dreamweaver in the past for updating my website (text only). All I'm looking for is a simple calling card website, along the lines of this - 

www.paulthefunkydrummer.com

I'd prefer static pages as opposed to the scrolling design of this Wordpress website, but I can live with the scrolling and, most of all, I like the effective simplicity of it (plus the white background seems more enthusiastic to me than the black background that my old site had). Can anyone suggest a template that is the most similar to something like this? I'm not bothered with e-commerce, but things such as a contact form as on the afore-mentioned website would be great.

I'm not too sure if any of the templates allow for what can be seen on page 2, with artists' pictures displaying their name when the cursor is over their photo. Again, not a deal breaker!

Apologies for my complete and utter ignorance in these matters! 

• Replies 1
  • Views 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No apologies necessary! That's what these forums are here for. 🙂

There are several templates specifically designed for musicians, like Vandam, but if you want something simple and easy to customize I would recommend a really classic landing-page style template like Degraw or Sackett. You can fully customize Squarespace sites, so you don't need to use the colors or fonts that are shown in the previews — with a little customization it becomes completely your own.

Shayna Blank Creative Studio 🖋 shaynablank.com
Web Design ✶ Content Coaching ✶ Professional Editing

Helping passionate entrepreneurs & creatives find their authentic voice and flourish online

websbclogo.png.657929798aac4a6eece5f4b432fce762.png

Archived