Home Page page setting has "enable" button greyed out. Is this normal?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

@DaleC

I'm unable to reproduce the issue on my test site but here is what I would try to fix the issue.

Create a new page in NOT LINKED area.

Set it as the Home page.

Go to your former home page and see if you can enable it.

Set the former home page back to the home page.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Each time I create a new blank page under "Not Linked" or in the linked area, then set it as my homepage, then go back to my previous homepage, it's automatically set as "enabled".  As soon as I reset this previous homepage back to being my current homepage, it automatically grays out and is disabled no matter what.  So creating a  new blank page as a temp homepage doesn't seem to fix whatever page I set as my homepage to go from disabled to enabled.  I guess I have to assume that my home page will always stay disabled no matter what. I do know my homepage is accessible externally to visitors, however, I'm concerned about search engines not being able to access it!  I can't seem to find an answer on what can be done about it.  Can anyone else help with this issue?

Ok, I get you what you mean.  It's toggled to the right (the on position) but says "Enable" in gray.  However, the help info in Squarespace is contradicting then.  It states that the little house that shows up next your home page in the left panel should be black if it's enabled and if it's gray it's disabled.  Mine is gray, with the settings showing as grayed out switched to the right as "enable".  See attachment example with copy of Squarespace information copied and pasted.

forum example disabled home pg.jpg