Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
  • 0

Index Page Thumbnail Link to External Site


Shanfinnegan

Question

15 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 2

Add to Home > Settings > Advanced > Code Injection > Footer

<script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.5.0/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script>
$(document).ready(function() {
  // project 01
	$('article.index-item a[href="/alt-text-as-poetry"]').attr('href','https://beaverhero.com');
  // project 02
  $('article.index-item a[href="/selfportrait"]').attr('href','https://google.com');
});
</script>

Do similar for other items. Replace beaverhero, google with new url

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Custom Popup - Testimonial Slider

I'm Tuan, blogger/owner of a free library for children in Vietnam. Helping the community is a hobby. Contact me via email.

Link to comment
  • 0
On 9/4/2020 at 12:21 AM, tuanphan said:

Add to Home > Settings > Advanced > Code Injection > Footer

<script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.5.0/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script>
$(document).ready(function() {
  // project 01
	$('article.index-item a[href="/alt-text-as-poetry"]').attr('href','https://beaverhero.com');
  // project 02
  $('article.index-item a[href="/selfportrait"]').attr('href','https://google.com');
});
</script>

Do similar for other items. Replace beaverhero, google with new url

This helped me a lot too, thank you!

Is there a way to open a link in a new tab? I played around with 'target="_blank"' and put it in different positions, but none seem to work…

Thanks in advance!

 

Edited by freestyleshaver
spelling correction
Link to comment
  • 0
23 hours ago, freestyleshaver said:

This helped me a lot too, thank you!

Is there a way to open a link in a new tab? I played around with 'target="_blank"' and put it in different positions, but none seem to work…

Thanks in advance!

 

Use this new code

<script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.5.0/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script>
$(document).ready(function() {
  // open link new tag
  $('article.index-item a').attr('target','_blank');
  // project 01
	$('article.index-item a[href="/alt-text-as-poetry"]').attr('href','https://beaverhero.com');
  // project 02
  $('article.index-item a[href="/selfportrait"]').attr('href','https://google.com');
});
</script>

 

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Custom Popup - Testimonial Slider

I'm Tuan, blogger/owner of a free library for children in Vietnam. Helping the community is a hobby. Contact me via email.

Link to comment
  • 0
40 minutes ago, tuanphan said:

Use this new code

<script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.5.0/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script>
$(document).ready(function() {
  // open link new tag
  $('article.index-item a').attr('target','_blank');
  // project 01
	$('article.index-item a[href="/alt-text-as-poetry"]').attr('href','https://beaverhero.com');
  // project 02
  $('article.index-item a[href="/selfportrait"]').attr('href','https://google.com');
});
</script>

 

Works like a charm!

Thank you very very much!! You helped me a lot!

Link to comment
  • 0

Do you need to fix these?

1. (Mobile/Tablet – Work > post) There is a scroll bar at bottom of the page

shannonfinnegan.com-01-min.png

2. (Tablet – About) Want to increase text width?

https://shannonfinnegan.com/about

shannonfinnegan.com-02-min.png

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Custom Popup - Testimonial Slider

I'm Tuan, blogger/owner of a free library for children in Vietnam. Helping the community is a hobby. Contact me via email.

Link to comment
  • 0
On 9/3/2020 at 11:21 PM, tuanphan said:

Add to Home > Settings > Advanced > Code Injection > Footer

<script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.5.0/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script>
$(document).ready(function() {
  // project 01
	$('article.index-item a[href="/alt-text-as-poetry"]').attr('href','https://beaverhero.com');
  // project 02
  $('article.index-item a[href="/selfportrait"]').attr('href','https://google.com');
});
</script>

Do similar for other items. Replace beaverhero, google with new url

Following on from this - I have a similar issue, I'm wanting to link the thumbnail for this gallery page:

https://www.arranandjules.co.uk/#/charllote/

to

https://www.arranandjules.co.uk/#/charlottt-tampubolon-london/

Essentially wanting to override the url slug when clicking the thumbnail if that makes sense.

Any help much appreciated 🙂

@tuanphan

Edited by cr1tchley
Link to comment
  • 0
On 8/10/2021 at 8:01 PM, cr1tchley said:

Following on from this - I have a similar issue, I'm wanting to link the thumbnail for this gallery page:

https://www.arranandjules.co.uk/#/charllote/

to

https://www.arranandjules.co.uk/#/charlottt-tampubolon-london/

Essentially wanting to override the url slug when clicking the thumbnail if that makes sense.

Any help much appreciated 🙂

@tuanphan

Hi. You mean thumbnails on this homepage? https://www.arranandjules.co.uk/

Do you use Personal or Business Plan?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Custom Popup - Testimonial Slider

I'm Tuan, blogger/owner of a free library for children in Vietnam. Helping the community is a hobby. Contact me via email.

Link to comment
  • 0
On 8/12/2021 at 3:37 PM, cr1tchley said:

Hey,

Yes, that homepage.

I have the business plan.

@tuanphan

Try this code

<script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.5.0/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script>
$(document).ready(function() {
  // project 01
	$('#grid .item a[href="/charlotte/"]').attr('href','https://www.arranandjules.co.uk/#/charlottt-tampubolon-london/');
});
</script>

 

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Custom Popup - Testimonial Slider

I'm Tuan, blogger/owner of a free library for children in Vietnam. Helping the community is a hobby. Contact me via email.

Link to comment
  • 0

Hey,

Thanks for sending code above - just tried and unfortunately it didn't work. I added the code into the main footer injection section. It stoped the default slug link from loading and changed the url in the top browser search bar when clicking on the thumbnail. However it didn't load the page we're trying to redirect to (basically removing the clickthrough on the thumbnail).

Thanks,
Arran

@tuanphan

Link to comment
  • 0
On 7/16/2021 at 12:09 AM, tuanphan said:

Use this new code

<script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.5.0/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script>
$(document).ready(function() {
  // open link new tag
  $('article.index-item a').attr('target','_blank');
  // project 01
	$('article.index-item a[href="/alt-text-as-poetry"]').attr('href','https://beaverhero.com');
  // project 02
  $('article.index-item a[href="/selfportrait"]').attr('href','https://google.com');
});
</script>

 

Thank you, @tuanphan - this works like a charm for the index page thumbnail (in my case linking to abother index within the website).

I am now trying to also link the Index Navigation list inline view (displaying below each index page) to link to the same external link - tinkering to target with code snippets below, but not working so far:

Link

Quote

  $('article.index-item a').attr('target','_blank');

  // project 01

$('article.index-item a[href="/index-test"]').attr('href','/test');

$('article.index-nav-link a[href="/index-test"]').attr('href','/test');

$('article.index-link-style-list-inline a[href="/index-test"]').attr('href','/test');

 

Edited by BureauSF
Link to comment
  • 0
On 9/14/2021 at 11:08 PM, BureauSF said:

Thank you, @tuanphan - this works like a charm for the index page thumbnail (in my case linking to abother index within the website).

I am now trying to also link the Index Navigation list inline view (displaying below each index page) to link to the same external link - tinkering to target with code snippets below, but not working so far:

Link

 

Hi,

You mean links in bottom of page?

https://york-demo.squarespace.com/apprentice-branding

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Custom Popup - Testimonial Slider

I'm Tuan, blogger/owner of a free library for children in Vietnam. Helping the community is a hobby. Contact me via email.

Link to comment
  • 0
On 9/16/2021 at 12:47 PM, BureauSF said:

@tuanphan Yes, it is the index navigation in Link Style: List (inline) view

Use this code

<script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.5.0/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script>
$(document).ready(function() {
  // all
	$('a.index-nav-link[href="/"]').attr('href','https://beaverhero.com');
  // apprentice branding
  $('a.index-nav-link[href="/apprentice-branding"]').attr('href','https://google.com');
});
</script>

Do similar for other links

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Custom Popup - Testimonial Slider

I'm Tuan, blogger/owner of a free library for children in Vietnam. Helping the community is a hobby. Contact me via email.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

×
×
  • Create New...