Remove time in events page

Go to solution Solved by tuanphan,

On 12/9/2021 at 7:05 PM, Allya said:

Hi @tuanphan

I've tried the codes you have provided above to hide the time on the event pages.

Unfortunately it's not working for me either. I'm on a basic commerce plan and would like to hide the times underneath the date on all of my events. See screenshot attached.

Additionally I want to hide the links to the other events at the bottom (left and right) of the events pages. See other screenshot attached.

Can you think of a solution for those two things?

That's the link.

https://www.hof-im-bundi.ch/events/sternrittzumbundi

Thank you so much in advance,

Allya

1726474587_ScreenShot2021-12-09at7_58_37pm.png.1b3bb1c2f39e8273b4f43fa162f20ff3.png

394112986_ScreenShot2021-12-09at7_59_07pm.thumb.png.38783c3e133cfb8c8c874b1f587b0877.png

Add to Design > Custom CSS

li.eventitem-meta-item.eventitem-meta-time.event-meta-item {
    display: none;
}
.item-pagination[data-collection-type^="events"], .item-pagination[data-collection-type^="events"] {
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

On 12/12/2021 at 2:21 PM, Allya said:

Thank you so much @tuanphan 🙏

The time on my other events is still there though. Is there a css code which hides times on all the events?

I see no time here. Can you take a screenshot & share link to page where you still have problem?

https://www.hof-im-bundi.ch/events/sternrittzumbundi

image.thumb.png.a79e30fb17771209978b9cd9c2f8c283.png

Or send to forum message

On 12/12/2021 at 7:21 AM, Allya said:

The time seems to be on all events that are longer than one day.

To remove the times on multi-day event pages, add this to Design > Custom CSS:

.eventitem--multiday .eventitem-meta-time, .eventitem--multiday .eventitem-meta-date .event-date:after {
}

If this post has helped you, please click a 'Like' or 'Thanks' icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I've been trying to remove some things from my Squarespace template, among which the time of events, that's why I'm posting on this thread. I've tried adding all the code snippets(one at a time) that the kind people have provided to Design > Custom CSS, but the time on my events is still displayed. I want to change some other things too, so I'll write everything down specifically: 

- remove time from events
- remove end date from events
- display all events on one column, not divided to past and upcoming. 

I'm new to Squarespace and the website I'm working on is not published yet, so please let me know what url I should provide for someone to help.  

thanks in advance, I appreciate any help on this. 🙏  

17 minutes ago, harry_ said:

I'm new to Squarespace and the website I'm working on is not published yet, so please let me know what url I should provide for someone to help.  

Welcome 👋.

Solutions are often specific to the template/version you are using and the settings you have selected so when you're asking a question it's really helpful if you can supply us with the site's URL. You'll find it in the browser's toolbar ending with .squarespace.com (without the /config/... section). If the site isn't public or live yet, we'll also need you to set a public password in the visibility settings and tell us what it is.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Hi @paul2009 and thanks for your reply! 

the website url is: 
https://swordfish-sparrow-f2fh.squarespace.com/

password is " pleasefixthis " 😆

The events are under the News page. 

I'm on Squarespace version 7.1 as I can see on the bottom left of the Help page, but I can't see -and don't remember- which template I'm using. 
According to this link https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005308187-What-s-my-site-s-version-and-template- , the template should be displayed next to the version of Squarespace but I don't see it there. 

Let me know if you need anything else from my side. 

Edited by harry_
omitted somethin
On 1/17/2022 at 5:04 AM, harry_ said:

I'm on Squarespace version 7.1 as I can see on the bottom left of the Help page, but I can't see -and don't remember- which template I'm using. 

It is a bit confusing but v7.1 has only one template. What SS calls templates on v7.1 are starting points with a particular group of color themes and some other bits and bobs.

So giving us the URL of your site is all we need to get started on trying to help you.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

6 hours ago, harry_ said:

- remove time from events
- remove end date from events

Add the following to Design > Custom CSS.

/* begin hide event times and end date */

.tweak-events-stacked-show-time .eventlist-event--multiday .eventlist-meta-date .event-date:after {

content : '';

}

.eventlist-event--multiday .event-datetime-divider:before,
  .eventlist-meta-time,
  .tweak-events-stacked-show-time .eventlist-event--multiday .eventlist-meta-date .event-date:nth-of-type( 2 ),
  .tweak-events-stacked-show-time .eventlist-event--multiday .eventlist-meta-time

{

display : none;

}

/* end hide event times and end date */

This is for v7.1 and specific to the poster's need.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 2 months later...
24 minutes ago, sarahsehg said:

but similar to MeganG's previous post, the commas are still showing after the year. Any specific code to remove those?

Try the following but I can't be sure it will work without seeing the event page.

/* begin hide event times and separators */

.eventitem--multiday .eventitem-meta-time {

}

.eventitem--multiday .eventitem-meta-date .event-date:after {

content : unset;

}

/* end hide event times and separators */

This is for v7.1.

Let us know how it goes.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Janeli said:

Hi, I need some help. I need to remove this section to one event. How I can do it? Then the full page have to be in center. Link is here: https://www.minec.ee/koolitus/event-minec-forum-2022

image.thumb.png.855259e5a3ed52b4c7b7961dde5f5792.png

Edit that event > Add a Code Block at bottom of description > Add this code

<style>
  .eventitem-column-meta {
}
</style>

Or send to forum message

• 1 year later...
On 8/28/2023 at 11:50 AM, expressivearomas said:

Thank you so much for the code. This is what worked for me to remove time

/* remove event time from calendar */
li.eventlist-meta-item.eventlist-meta-time.event-meta-item {
}

I am having trouble removing the time from the calendar block I have added https://www.expressivearomas.com/events-calendar

You mean remove this

image.png.ce4ac99d9b9a01843696f11caef759ee.png

Or send to forum message

• 5 months later...

This is another variation on hiding these elements.

Add the following to Website > Website Tools > Custom CSS.

/* begin events page list stacked multiday times and separators hide */

.tweak-events-stacked-show-time .eventlist-event--multiday .eventlist-meta-time {

}

.tweak-events-stacked-show-time .eventlist-event--multiday .eventlist-meta-date .event-date:after {

content : unset;

}

/* end events page list stacked multiday times and separators hide */

This is for v7.1.