Using a static page until site is finished

Hello,

I am going to be building a Squarespace site for a client. Is it possible to transfer over their domain and add in a custom landing page while I am building the site? I saw references to a parking page but from what I read, that was not customizable and more for used domains without a subscription.

Fairly new to Squarespace and any info would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

• Replies 2
  • Views 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure, I have done that for customers who needed a site in a hurry. 7.0 has multiple landing  pages to choose from that work with all the 7.0 templates. I used the cover page named COVER made it a coming soon message site,  and I did not activate any links on the page, so the viewer could not get to the site itself. I activated the site, logged onto the domain hosting site  and pointed the domain at that page and as soon as the site was completed I activated the new home page and removed the landing page. The site was built using Brine.  

• 2 weeks later...

I've also done this in Squarespace 7.1 - I just add some Custom CSS to remove the header and footer from the landing page (set as the homepage), then build out the site. When finished, I change the homepage to the new home and delete the landing page.

christyprice.com  🇺🇸 Austin, TX US 

Get my 100+ item Client Process Checklist for $17.
📔 Flourish Journal for Creative Entrepreneurs - 365 days of prompts
🎥 Watch Circle Live: Hello Income (feat. Christy Price and Jeremy Schwartz)
🎬 Watch It's Not Hard to Say Goodbye: Crafting Client Offboarding from Circle Day 2023

Archived