click through images in gallery not working (wexley template)

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the click through links work perfectly if i make a normal page and add a gallery block. but then the page doesn't have all the nice features of a gallery page like resorting images when you change the shape of the window. i would strongly rather not go this route. i feel like i'm missing something really simple here.

anyone know why this might be happening?

Hi @obeyjon

Image clickthrough URLs aren't supported in Wexley Gallery Pages. This is outlined in this Squarespace help article here:

Image clickthrough URLs - Gallery Page clickthrough URLs by template

As a workaround, you might want to consider using a Wall Summary Block pulling content from the Gallery Page in a Layout Page. This way you'll be able to present your images in a mosaic style and still have the images to clickthrough. As a note, in this case you'll still need to setup the image clickthrough URLs in the Gallery Page. You might also want to keep the Gallery Page in the Not Linked section of the Pages panel to prevent its link from displaying in the site's navigation. 

Archived