Site migration

Hi all,

I have a site in Square space up and running already. I am working on revamping the site. To avoid any accidental change in template, css, style, etc. I have duplicated my old site and work on the new copy. 

I am almost done with the changes. How can I migrate the content back to the old site? As the old site has a subscription and the new one is just a 14 day trial, please suggest ways to do that. Can I migrate the subscription to the new site then update domain name? Or can I migrate the content back to the old one and delete all the old template. 

Thanks,

Ed

• Replies 5
  • Views 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting. So the credit isn't associated to a specific "domain", just to your Squarespace account in general if you paid upfront?

And you have to 1st cancel the old site, then you'll be able to carry over that credit when you activate the other one?

Hi @GavinW,

The subscription that you have paid for a site is tied to that site specifically and at the moment is not possible to move subscriptions between Squarespace sites. The process will always involve canceling the old site and activate the new one. As it is outlined the Squarespace help article below, "if your old site had an annual subscription, you can fill out a refund form. Depending on the amount of time left in the subscription, you may be eligible for a prorated refund":

Starting over - Start a new site

For any follow up questions you might have, please reach out to Squarespace Customer Support for personalized assistance. 

22 hours ago, srodrigues said:

Hi @GavinW,

The subscription that you have paid for a site is tied to that site specifically and at the moment is not possible to move subscriptions between Squarespace sites. The process will always involve canceling the old site and activate the new one. As it is outlined the Squarespace help article below, "if your old site had an annual subscription, you can fill out a refund form. Depending on the amount of time left in the subscription, you may be eligible for a prorated refund":

Starting over - Start a new site

For any follow up questions you might have, please reach out to Squarespace Customer Support for personalized assistance. 

That was really useful thanks.

So there is no automatic credit to your account if you have a remaining annual subscription?

8 hours ago, GavinW said:

That was really useful thanks.

So there is no automatic credit to your account if you have a remaining annual subscription?

You can reach out to Customer Support via email or Live Chat as the prorated refund would need to be manually processed. Automatic refunds only apply when you cancel a site within 14 days of the site's payment, so prorated refunds have to be manually issued. You'll still need to upgrade the new site to a paid plan, but you'll receive a refund for the unused time remaining on the old/canceled site. 

Archived