Replace 'add to cart' with link

My company has a variety of products as part of a platform (not on sqarespace) where a shopping cart doesn't make sense as a CTA. I would like to use the functionality of the new store to sort and display products that customers might be interested in, but have the 'Add to cart' button instead take customers to a signup/register page.

Is there a way to achieve this?

• Replies 1
  • Views 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the only way would be to do the setup as if it were a regular store with items (use a collection or however you wanted to categorize it).

• Create "products" as if you were selling them regular
  • Make dummy prices on everything, like $1.
  • Insert a link or button with "learn more" or whatever you'd like, pointing to your desired link.
  • So temporarily you'll still see the add to cart button and your new link or button.
  • Go into custom CSS and paste in:
.product-quantity-input {
        display: none !important;
    }
.sqs-add-to-cart-button-wrapper {
    display: none;
}

If it works right, the add to cart button will disappear from all product pages.

So basically, instead of remapping/changing the add to cart button, you're just creating your own, then hiding the built in button.

I haven't tested this, and don't know if it will work. I also didn't create that code, I grabbed it from another post from someone much smarter than me, haha.

You can see it here: HIDE CART BUTTON

give it a whirl. It's def a hack, but might do the trick.

Archived